Open today: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
A very enjoyable experience

The activities were organize very fast and smooth even though we book last minute. Manage to do... read more

Reviewed 20 January 2022
shahida33
Doha, Qatar
via mobile
Great Choice For Activities In Langkawi

I really don't enjoy writing reviews on places but I would love to write a review about my... read more

Reviewed 5 October 2021
MohdTraveller
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Langkawi
from $120.00
from $51.95
from $64.50
from $10.00
More Info
All reviews off road visiting langkawi sunset cruise whatsapp activity video jetskiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This was the worse nightmare ever.. We booked through this company for a jet ski tour of the islands around Langkawi and a major accident occurred.. As a group of 6 and lead by two instructors we were put in the usual arrow shape before we started.. Then we followed the instructor or so called guides and worse thing happened.. The guide sped off and tried to keep us in the arrow shape but one group lagged behind.. Thus the guides travelled back and few minutes later found that one of friends were hit side on by an island hopping boat.. Thus nearly killing both driver and passenger.. The passenger on the jet ski was badly injured, fracturing 4 ribs, cuts to her head and back..Her boyfriend had minor injuries.. The girl was rushed by taxi to local hospital where she was there for few days before being transported to KL by air ambulance.. We hadn't heard anything from Torro water sports and didn't even think this company are insured for such an event.. They're concern was try and find company who damaged they're jet ski rather than worry about the person who was nearly killed.. The driver of the boat was at fault as he tried to speed from a boat liner after dropping off passengers. He got off Scott free..We had been with mega water sports year before and they were fantastic..Torro never went over any health safety issues and even how to work jet ski.. I have been to Langkawi many times and would not recommend anyone to use this Torro water sport company..This was a total nightmare and people should think real hard before they do such a trip and read over the insurance small print of water sport company's..

9  Thank Charles T
FitriRazak, Manager at Toro Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

We are sorry to hear that your friend involved in the accident. However, we never had an accident during the tour. You must be mistaken with other company. You emailed us the other day for that matter but when we ask for an official receipt as a prove for the booking, until now we have not receive from you.
And for your information, there are no insurance coverage for selfdrive jetski because no such policy in Malaysia. Insurance only covered if you ride a boat or ferry which is navigating by qualified/certified captain/helmsmen, not simply by any passenger.
Please be informed.
Thank you.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Best jet ski tour I've had the pleasure to be on

Mr Black & his mate took us out for 4 hours where visited some of the most amazing places on the planet. beaches, freshwater lakes, pregnant maiden. Swam in idyllic settings. Jet ski as slow or as fast as you wish, everything catered for the customer

Highly recommend these guys as they are genuine good guys who look after you every step of the way

1  Thank Seanie084
Reviewed 8 January 2017

TLDR: booked tour and paid, but tour never happened. Got a full refund so 2 not 1 star.

I had a terrible experience with Toro. I made a booking for their 4 hour tour for 2 of us, with 1 jet ski each, and we made full payments one month before coming to Langkawi (with booking made prior to the day). This was for a 2pm tour.

Rocked up at the place to register at 1pm but there was no one, so went out for lunch and got back at 2pm, only to be told they couldn't find our booking. They made us wait quite some time whilst locating the booking, and then tried to find us jet skis, but couldn't. I was then told that the weather is actually not supportive for jet ski (which I think is a lie, we later walked down the beach and many people were still offering jet ski rentals). Given this was our only chance to see Dayang Bunting etc, we were very very disappointed.,

I was then offered a refund, which I eventually got in full - and I was also promised that any exchange rate loss I suffer would be topped up (hence I gave them 2 star not 1). Whilst the boss on the phone was quite easy to deal with, the guy at the front desk became quite agitated when I asked (I think rightly so) when I would get the refund and what guarantee do I have that the money will come through (at this point my trust is very low). He started telling me they don't have the money and PayPal did and that some customers claimed that they did not receive the tour to get money back from PayPal (I fail to see why I should care about this when trying to get my refund).

Date of experience: January 2017
FitriRazak, Manager at Toro Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

We are so sorry to hear what happened and we apologised for that natter. We had some technical problem before with the online booking system, that is why your name was not in the booking calendar. We already fixed the problem with web provider and now everything is good. Hope to see again and we promise we will give you our best service.
Sorry again for the trouble.
Thank you.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We tried to book a parasailing session after reading all the positive reviews and the photos on the website that suggested the harnesses were semi-legitimate. We called the number provided on the website and spoke with Toro. He said he'd call us back in an hour, which he did. We arranged to meet at Cenang Mall. Once we met he informed us that his company wasn't running the tours today and there was another reputable company that was and to follow their car for a short 5 min drive near Hotel Villa. We asked whether they had ok harnesses and he assured us that it was good, and they simply were doing maintenance that day so couldn't take us.

We were hesitant but as we had our own car we gave it a go and followed along. They led us to a rundown parasailing operation and didn't even bother to give us any information because they knew it was not up to standard. We left almost immediately because they abandoned us as soon as we got there, I'm guessing out of shame.

You'd be better going with Naam, who seemed much more organised or off the beach in Pantai Tengah who had a better operation than these guys.

This was by far the worst part of our otherwise amazing trip in Langkawi - he wasted our time when he could've just been honest up front and told us they were not doing parasailing tours that day. Very disappointed.

1  Thank 5cindyl
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Fitri and the team were simply amazing. They accomodated our every request and customized our tour based on what we wanted. From the first contact with Fitri to the completion of all activities the team at Toro Watersports were just amazing. They made my special day with the wife even more special. Furthermore just chatting with the team made our time even more enjoyable. Thanks Fitri and team! Will be back soon.

Date of experience: December 2016