The hotel has a modern minimalist design to it which is different than most if the other 'balinese themed' hotels in langkawi. Its location is roughly in the middle which is ideal with equal travelling dustances to the cable car (west) and pantai cenang (east). Being close to the airport is a big plus too.
The best feature about this hotel is its big, make that HUGE, infinity pool. And since swimming in the sea is generally a no-no in langkawi, the sea-facing pool is a nice experience. The room was very clean although the bathroom does tend to give a stench once in a while. Space is ample and very well accommodated. Staying on the ground floor makes it very accessible to go to the pool area and restaurant. A must for those with kids.
The beach is pretty much private and sands were white and soft. Great place to waddle ankle deep and experience the mad rush of the sea's current. Choice for breakfast is ample though some dishes are not that great tasting. Coffee is a bit weak, pancakes are a bit chewy, ommeletes dry, and the pastries did not taste fresh.
I travelled with my wife, my mom, my maid, 3 kids, and 3 of my sister's kids and i must say that this hotel made our stay nearly perfect, especially with the location of our room. Service was friendly throughout and prompt. Full marks there.
Now some suggestions:
- the mattresses were a bit too soft. Being 86kgs, my lower back had to resort to some local gamat ointment.
- the balcony needs an ashtray if you want to keep your surroundings clean.
- the beach area is a great place to have bbqs. And the chef needs to improve.
- consider renting beach toys. It's a headache for families to pack and bring themselves.
- the lobby lounge needs to improve. A bistro instead of a bar may be better.
- consider renting cars/vans because the hotel is an accommodating one, not an enclosed haven like some places. Not having transportation is a crime if you stay here.
- room service is a must have feature.
- instead of an empty banquet hall, consider converting it into a recreational area for indoor activities like ping pong, carem, kids gym, etc.
- basic spa services would be nice to have here.
- the convenience store is quite pathetic. They dont even sell newspapers. Needs improvement.
In conclusion, would i come again? Definitely.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Langkasuka Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- 4 Points By Sheraton Langkawi Resort
- Langkasuka Beach Hotel
- Langkasuka Hotel
- Langkasuka Beach Langkawi