“NEARLY PERFECT.....”

Ranked #80 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
MALAYSIA
“NEARLY PERFECT.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel has a modern minimalist design to it which is different than most if the other 'balinese themed' hotels in langkawi. Its location is roughly in the middle which is ideal with equal travelling dustances to the cable car (west) and pantai cenang (east). Being close to the airport is a big plus too.

The best feature about this hotel is its big, make that HUGE, infinity pool. And since swimming in the sea is generally a no-no in langkawi, the sea-facing pool is a nice experience. The room was very clean although the bathroom does tend to give a stench once in a while. Space is ample and very well accommodated. Staying on the ground floor makes it very accessible to go to the pool area and restaurant. A must for those with kids.

The beach is pretty much private and sands were white and soft. Great place to waddle ankle deep and experience the mad rush of the sea's current. Choice for breakfast is ample though some dishes are not that great tasting. Coffee is a bit weak, pancakes are a bit chewy, ommeletes dry, and the pastries did not taste fresh.

I travelled with my wife, my mom, my maid, 3 kids, and 3 of my sister's kids and i must say that this hotel made our stay nearly perfect, especially with the location of our room. Service was friendly throughout and prompt. Full marks there.

Now some suggestions:
- the mattresses were a bit too soft. Being 86kgs, my lower back had to resort to some local gamat ointment.
- the balcony needs an ashtray if you want to keep your surroundings clean.
- the beach area is a great place to have bbqs. And the chef needs to improve.
- consider renting beach toys. It's a headache for families to pack and bring themselves.
- the lobby lounge needs to improve. A bistro instead of a bar may be better.
- consider renting cars/vans because the hotel is an accommodating one, not an enclosed haven like some places. Not having transportation is a crime if you stay here.
- room service is a must have feature.
- instead of an empty banquet hall, consider converting it into a recreational area for indoor activities like ping pong, carem, kids gym, etc.
- basic spa services would be nice to have here.
- the convenience store is quite pathetic. They dont even sell newspapers. Needs improvement.

In conclusion, would i come again? Definitely.

Room Tip: Ground floor nearest to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RADINSYAH
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear RADINSYAH,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort for your holidays and sharing your experience in this review.

The Four Points brand carries a simple and uncomplicated look that many guests come to appreciate.

It is kind of you to highlight on our friendly hospitality and how satisfied you were with your room location that is near to the pool and restaurant.

Whilst it seems that you were overall pleased with your stay, we have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to the Food & Beverage venues and services provided. I appreciate your comment on the quality of food and coffee served at our buffet breakfast spread, rest assured this has been looked into by our Executive Chef for improvement.

Many guests seem to like our comfort bed. I am sorry to hear of your experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Presidential Suite; Private Jacuzzi, Infinity Pool, Amazing Food...... Very rarely, do I go to a hotel and have no complaints at all. This was one of those rare visits. It was PERRRRRFECT. We got the best rooms at the place at really good rates, spend some good time at their pool and the beach. The place was close to Pentai Cenang, Cable Car etc. and that made things lot easier.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't hyave sea view. Avoid them.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank aayushrivastava
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear aayushrivastava,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

Many guests like the comfort, uncomplicated concept of our resort and huge infinity pool. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Resort’s location which provides the convenience of getting to places of interest.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this hotel, and all in all feel that this hotel does not provide the same standards and service as other Sheratons that we have been before! We were bitten by mosquitoes every night, and they always attack in the wee hours in the morning. When it rains, you can hear the rain splatering down on the zinc roof of the hotel and its pretty noisy. The air cond stays at 24 deg even though you set it at 16 deg so its pretty warm and maintenance cant do anything about it! The beach is nothing to shout about, a big dissapointment I must say!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanna O
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Joanna O,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us with this review.

It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided you. Please accept my apologies on the shortfall areas and inconvenience you have encountered. Rest assured, our associates are provided with appropriate training to enhance their customer service skill for better guest experience.

On the mosquito issue, I can assure fogging exercise is being carried out regularly outside the guestrooms as well as the surrounding areas. Mosquito repellent is also available in the room for our guest use.

Your comments on the noise caused by the rain fall and room air conditioning inefficiency have been looked into for improvement.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and giving the opportunity for us to make improvement.

Kind regards.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We popped in here for a four-day, three-night stay in mid-April.
From the main road, the hotel looked dull. Once inside, one can spot the 'minimalist' and modern kind of furnishings and architecture everywhere.
Since it was a non-peak period, the staff allowed us to check in early - around 9am - as our flight was early. This was greatly appreciated as we were quite tired and in need of freshening up.
Our Comfort Room was spacious, and the bed & bathroom superb. That was to be expected for the price we paid. The housekeeping missed out on a few things though. When we checked in, there were no face towels but they appeared the next day. On the 2nd day, they did not 'replenish' the shower cap and sanitary plastic bag.
The hotel was quiet and peaceful, away from the crowded Pantai Cenang and yet not too far. It did lack certain facilities like bicycle rental, tour desk, in-house convenience store, etc. We didn't have any problems because we had rented a car.
The swimming pool was huge and devoid of swimmers most of the time! Breakfast was average. They could have made more effort to vary the food items every morning. On a good, sunny day, the view from the dining hall overlooking the sea is lovely.
Overall it was a restful holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLS0811
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear LLS0811,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

It is our pleasure to ensure our guests’ needs are taken care during their stay and I am glad that the effort is appreciated.

I have taken onboard your concern on the lack of facilities and can assure the matter has been looked into for future improvement. Meanwhile, we have a tour desk located at our lobby that arranges outdoor tours for our guests.

Many thanks for your highlights on our swimming pool and the comfort of our room despite some missing items which were replaced later. Rest assured, your comments have been shared with our Room Attendants to ensure they give attention to detail in their room cleaning and checking.

Our buffet breakfast is one of the hotel’s highlights – an area that we continue to focus on. I know that our guests value a number of different options especially if their stay extends over a number of nights. Our Executive Chef has reviewed your comments with his culinary team to further improve.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
sungai petani, kedah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I arrived at the hotel at around 2pm++, and after a tiring island hoping trip, I am quite shocked to told that my room was not yet ready. Luckily, in 5 minutes time, the room is ready. Anyway, the lobby is really as empty as what most reviewer here says.

The room is large, the bed is comfortable. When I get into my room, after my bath I found that the floor is sorta sandy , mainly due to both me and my gf walk around in the room with our sandy legs. I straight call them up to sweep my room and they were here in less than 5 minutes. Good job!

The infinity pool is a really great one, but the beach is 1 of the worst beach in Langkawi. The sea water looks dirty, and the sad under the sea was muddy making my whole legs turn black. Then again, I doubt the hotel can do anything for this.

However, there were no room service at the moment. Although the front desk told me that I can call up their only restaurant - The eatery, to sent the food to my room if I wish, but the restaurant does not bother to reply my email during my stay.

Also, the restaurant does not provide a la carte menu for breakfast. What a shame.

I stayed here for 3 nights, and since the first 2 nights I am using Cash + Points (for SPG members), hence I don't have the free breakfast. But for my last day, I did have their buffet breakfast, which is really bad. The worst among all other Starwood brand hotel in Malaysia.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samlee860407
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear samlee860407,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and huge infinity pool.

Though room service is not available at this resort, special arrangement can be made through our Eatery on certain occasion during stay.

Most of our guests booked room with breakfast and for those without breakfast we offer special rate of RM50 for full buffet or RM30 for continental buffet in order for them to enjoy. I am sorry that there is no ala carte menu for breakfast.

Your comment on our buffet breakfast at Eatery is currently being looked at by our Executive Chef with his team. Please rest assured that the culinary team places emphasis on the standard of food preparation for better guest experience.

I am happy that overall you had a satisfied stay and once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Kind regards