There are many reviews that put the resort down as being run down and overpriced. Did they check out the price of other resorts on Langkawi. True you can stay for cheaper - there are tin huts for less than £10 a night, but for what you get given the expensive nature of Langkawi accomodation is pretty good. True the other 2 hotels we stayed in were both 5 star (the Pacific Regency in KL and Pullman in Kuching) and were much more ritzy and much less expensive but that's simply supply and demand. What I would say is spend the extra £10 a night to go for a garden villa over the standard rooms - these are closer to the road and we upgraded after the first night due to noise from a local night club. The breakfast is okay, standard buffet rubbish you get most places but perfectly adequate. We didn't have any other meals as there are so many other great places within walking distance - try the indian (Sagar) just out the main gates on the left - it's fantastic (we went back for our last night). Also take the chance to have all your clothes cleaned for your return - a little laundret is out the gates and opposite (Sofia) very cheep and they come back vaccume packed! Try the happy hour for cocktails (it's actually 3 hours from 4pm-7pm) go easy on the ice tea's as they are really strong! The pools are great especially quieter salt water one and the location and spread along the beach unbeatable. Views out to the little islands are enchanting and outside shower in the villa a true tropical treat. All the staff were very friendly and spoke english very well. Only rude people were the Russian tourists who were plentiful. It's a great example of eco tourism with recycling and solar panels around the resort. Go, relax into the lifestyle and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi