My wife and I returned two weeks ago from our holiday in Langkawi. We have been several times to Langkawi and have tried a variety of accommodations. We stayed at the Frangipani Resort for the first time. We selected a Beach Villa (sea facing, RM 940 per night, room# 302) and stayed here for three nights. Compared to other accommodations on Langkawi (and Bali) we felt that this was at least 30% overpriced for what it had to offer. The room was good and the outdoor shower a nice touch. It surprised us that bedsheets were not renewed every day and we had to take care to throw our towels on the floor otherwise they would not be replaced. The breakfast buffet was sufficient: a wide choice of items. What surprised us was the complete lack of shadow: there are almost no trees providing shadow and there are no parasols. During the afternoons we saw almost nobody at the resort due to this: everybody seemed fleeing from the strong sun.
Our room was close to the restaurant, which made that we heard the music every evening, which went on until after 11PM. If the music were good this would not be a nuisance.....
The gym is a small room with only a few fans, no towels or water. It has two running belts, one cycling machine and a set of dumbbells.
The location is good if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing time. Pantai Tengah is much quieter than Pantai Chenang and the Frangipani is located at the far end of the beach. There are only a few restaurants nearby but a taxi to Pantai Chenang is cheap and there is a lot of choice over there.
All in all we did not have a bad time, but we will not return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi