All reviews sea view shared bathroom cenang beach free pool table free breakfast is unique hotel amazing sunset rent a bike storage space common areas min walk air conditioner close to the airport enjoyed my stay stayed here for nights tubes hostel
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This place and a concept is excellent. We stayed there for a couple of nights with our girlfriend on our holiday. We got a seafront with the best view ever.
The breakfast is also really good with a couple of options to choose from.
And stuff is very friendly and helpful.
Will definitely return if have a chance

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2016

A great place to chill and relax. Close to chenang beach and tourist spots. Small rooms but large hang out spaces. Strong wind and a good place to watch the sun go down. island hopping, bike/car rental etc also available..

Room Tip: Very small rooms, but comes with spacious amenities and hang out spots to make up for it
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2016

clean, nice, location quit and suitable to clear your mind, breakfast was good, toilet clean all the time. i love the veranda very cool, nice view. at night very clam and enjoy the air, music suitable with the situation.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I must tell that tubotel is a bit overrated. I'm in no way denying the fact that choosing seaview room could give me a slightly better experience. But there's just too many downsides that I noticed. First and foremost, I was shocked to know that there was nobody in the front office for a while until a guy came to me with such a lazy move. Even worse, I was frustrated by the way I was treated - he seemed tired and unfriendly. Well, this made me want to think twice to check in. The biggest weakness is undoubtedly the TOILET. The flush didn't function, till I decided to leave as it was after using it. Plus, it was too dark and scary at night. Definitely a nightmare for those who want to use the toilet alone at night. ONE MORE THING - it is not a short walking distance to the main Pantai Cenang beach where swimming is encouraged. This will be my last time staying here :)

Room Tip: seaview room
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Haris F
Tubotel, Owner at Tubotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Hello
i am so sorry we could not meet ur expectations. however just an update, we are about 3 days away from completing our new bathrooms. this bathrooms are private rooms with shower toilet and sink -mirror, this will enable to give our muslim guest more privacy and comfort. as soon the new bathroom is operational, we renovate the the 2nd block of facilities.

about the approach from our employee upon check in, i am shocked to hear about the behaviour. i will seriously follow up and find out what happened.

save travels and thank for your feedback.

alex

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I review this hotel at my travel blog thegoodsonjourney.com. But here's a little review for all of you.

The room is quite big for one person. Rooms have two categories, Seaview, and Garden View. Of course, the Seaview room is more expensive than Garden View, but I tell you, it's worth it. The view is spectacular. Room equipped with towels, mineral water, coffee making, air-conditioner, fan and reading lamp but no compartment to store your stuff. I put all my belongings under the bed. Rooms painted in different colors and the front yard is amazing !
My room comes with breakfast. It's not a buffet. You have to order and they will cook for you. Most of it are the American breakfast menu. It was ok.
At Tubotel, you have to share bathroom and shower room with others. But the bathroom is large and comfortable. Equipped with hot shower and soap/shampoo (but better use your own).So, that's why,Tubotel suitable for backpackers, minimalist traveler, and solo traveler or to non-diva person, otherwise, you will complain. ..a lot. To me, as long I don't have to shower at the ocean, good enough. -)

The Areas
Not that big. I guess, Tubotel area used to be a restaurant area. I can see the layout as it's fit the sea view restaurant layout , maybe. The front porch has the amazing cabana bed and swing. The view is spectacular. You just relax while listening to slow motivating music played by the staff. Tubotel has a little mini shop where you can buy snacks and drinks. They provide free wifi as well. It also has decent size parking area. From Cenang Town center, Tubotel just located 10 minutes drive & 5 minutes drive to Meritus Pelangi Resort.

Room Tip: Please choose seaview room ! It's worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo