New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #69 of 101 Hotels in Langkawi
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Sheraton Langawki resort was a fantastic little getaway.
The rooms were clean and spacious. Sure, the bathroom needed a little 'renovating' but i could not complain during my stay here. Loved sitting on the balcony looking out to the Andaman sea and soaking in the sunshine next to the monkeys.
The property is very large and a shuttle was needed to get from your room to the hotel lobby/pool area. This only became a problem when you needed to go somewhere quickly and had to wait for the shuttle to drive around the resort and pick up other people before getting to your room on the furthest side of the resort!
The staff in the lobby were very friendly and attended to all my needs. The Malay's have great hospitality!
The breakfast buffet was great. Filled up everyday and could not complain about the food.
The infinity pool and swim up bar was VERY relaxing and had a great view of the Andaman sea. Spent heaps of time sitting by the pool with a cocktail, soaking up all the Malaysian sun!
The hotel is not too far from the airport and city. A taxi ride should not cost you too much and i would highly reccommend this property to familys and couples.

Room Tip: Go for chalet over hotel style and spend the little extra money to get a good view room! :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank El_Pago
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear El_Pago,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

It is great to know when guests’ expectations are met and they leave with positive lasting impression of the resort.

Many thanks for your highlight on our buffet breakfast at Feast and service you received from our associates at our lobby. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that these team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with them.

The location of our pool provides amazing view and nice spot that many guests enjoy. I am happy to know that you had a relaxing time here during your stay.

Meanwhile, I have taken your comment on board that we could do better in regards to our shuttle buses movement. Rest assured, I have shared your concern with the drivers for guests’ comfort. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience encountered.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Guwahati, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was my first trip to Langkawi with my wife and friends, we were quite confused about which hotel/resort to choose. We finally choosed Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort over the Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort because of the price and unavailability of rooms in Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort and it was a big mistae...Firstly the hotel is way far away from the main attraction and shooping areas, although it a very huge resort but very outdated, the beach area was quite small (you cant even call it a beach) moreover you are warned about the jelly fish.... The good thing about the resort was the sleeping bed it was just awsome, the pool was also good and finally the spa which was really good. So, all in all it was a bit of a dissapointment. If and when we again plan for Langkawi we will definitely choose the Meritus Pelangi Resort because of the Location and the Beach.....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Dheeraj26
Dear Dheeraj26,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

Many thanks for your highlight on our Sweet Sleeper Bed, pool and the spa experience that you enjoyed though you felt a bit disappointed with the hotel location.

Meanwhile, I have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to the property maintenance for better guest experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our family of 9 (6 adults and 3 kids) visited Langkawi in June 2012 and we stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton.

We are generally not very fussy but we do appreciate value for money. In this case, there was room for improvement.

We had booked the rooms via Expedia and it was hard to indicate that we wanted connecting rooms or at least rooms that were near to each other. So we ended up with 2 rooms in 1 block (on different floors) and 1 room in the next block.

The staff are generally laid back and but will provide helpful information if approached.

We had the most fun with the pool (and pool bar) and the little beach near the pool. It was clean enough and the kids enjoyed digging up little clams. Kayaking was okay except for the fibreglass that seemed to get embedded everywhere! Do visit the fitness centre, if only for the great view.

Breakfast was lovely and there was sufficient items to choose from. However the spread was exactly the same for the 3 days that were there.

I thought that the hotel was a short ride from Kuah town but that was not so. Hence we spent a fair bit on taxi fare getting to and from Kuah town and other sights like the cable car.

Overall we had a relaxing time, but we felt that since the hotel was a bit far from town, the price could have been more competitive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CHKL
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear CHKL,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort for your holiday in Langkawi.

I appreciate the points you have raised for our improvement particularly on the connecting / adjacent room request and can assure our Front Desk Associate tried their best to accommodate based on our room availability.

The lack of customer focus that you had encountered with our associates is very much regretted. Rest assured, this is not the typical service we offer and I have shared your concern with my team for improvement.

Our pool area provides amazing view and nice spot that many guests enjoy. I am delighted to know that you had the most fun here with the kids.

Many thanks for your highlights on the view from our fitness centre and breakfast experience at Feast that you like. Our Chef has taken your comment on board that we could improve in regards to the choice of food offer each day.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Sheraton Langkawi did not live up to its 5 star reputation. The lobby was in need of a refurbishment. Our room was pleasant and clean, but we found some creepy crawlies on a few occasions. One happened to be a lizard in the bathroom! Given the nature of the rooms, more care should be taken to ensure that bugs, etc remain outside and do not get into the rooms.
Service was great as was the food. The buildings are in much need of attention to live up to their 5 star rating. Internet usage should also be included in the cost of the room. Although the hotel was situated on the beach, you could not walk along the beach as it was very rocky.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Shamz01,

Many thanks for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

Whilst it seems that you were overall pleased with your stay, we have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to our property maintenance. Rest assured, I am working closely with my team and take necessary action to improve for our guests’ comfort.

I appreciate your highlights on our great service and food that you enjoyed despite the shortfall areas.

The inconvenience you have encountered with the insects in your room is very much regretted. I can assure pest control exercise is conducted regularly in our guestroom to keep insects away.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Canberra
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

After 6 hours of traveling my family and I arrived at the Sheraton for a prepaid five night stay. I had read some previous reviews and was hoping some of the more negative ones were incorrect, Upon arrival we were directed to the lobby, The lobby was chaotic as clearly understaffed.. After filling out the required documentation I was informed the the room was not ready which was fair enough as we were 2.5 hours early. However what annoyed me that I got brushed off....no suggestions to perhaps try one of the restaurants or any directions given. My impressions of the lobby were not good either as the chairs were very dirty and worn, glass surfaces not clean with smear marks. When we finally got to our room (1514) my heart sank there were holes in the wall and it appeared to be some mould on the ceiling above jacuzzi. The room was very dark, dusty and dingy and the furnishings very worn. Benchtops were scratched . My wife wanted to cry. We then proceeded to have a look at the facilities of the resort and what struck me immediately was the amount of rubbish lyiing around, clearly the grounds don't seem to be maintained. I saw a empty water bottle sit in the same spot during our time at the resort. The paths were very slippery as no one had bother to sweep the leaves away.
That night we went to eat at the Spice trader, food wasn't too bad but I thought it was a tad pricey considering the size of the dishes. I had to use the bathroom at the resturant and it was probably the filthiest toilets I have been too.
The next morning we went to Feast for our buffet breakfast. Again furnishings looked tired and more alarmingly large patches of mold could be seen around the air conditioning vents. This in some countries would be considered a serious health risk. When my wife saw this that was the final straw and we decided to find alternate accommodation.
To the General Manager I hope sincerely you endevour to improve the Sheraton from its current state. I have read some of your replies but I can not see any tangible changes. If this is not done soon then the Sheraton brand will be forever tainted for me and many others.
My family now are happily staying at the Anderman.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Simon M
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Simon M,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us with this review.

It is sad to know when guests’ expectations are not met and they leave unhappy. The unpleasant arrival experience and inconvenience you encountered during your stay are very much regretted.

Though many of our previous guests were impressed with our well presented lobby upon arrival, I have taken your comment on board that we could do better in regards to our Lobby operation especially when there is maintenance work ongoing.

I am sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your check in process. Rest assured, our Front Office Manager has addressed your concern with the Front Desk team to ensure they give focus on customer service to enhance our guests’ experience.

Please accept my apologies on the shortfall in our room maintenance and upkeep of our hotel facilities that you have experienced. I appreciate your concern and can assure actions have been taken to upkeep our facilities for our guests’ comfort as well as safety.

Many thanks for your feedback on your dining experience at Spice Trader and Feast respectively. Our Food & Beverage Manager has taken your comments on board that we could improve in regards to the restaurant food quality and cleanliness. I can assure the mold around the air conditioning vent has been looked into for hygiene purpose.

Once again, I regret for the disappointment and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Warm regards.