“Overall not welcoming !!!!”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Karachi, Pakistan
“Overall not welcoming !!!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The location is perfect , breakfast n area is good , swimming pool are good too , beach is not good even if they show u in there website with a good photographic view , it is not good , lifts are very old , the walk way to the room is very smelly n old style , now a days 5 star resort have open area , kids club very far from lobby , you have to take there cart to go there , when I was coming back from kids club I wait for half an hour but no cart came , so have to go by walk with my kids , at night there is some performance everyday , one day I was sitting to see the performance , just 5 mins gone the waitress come. "sir u have to order , if u wana sit " thats why I say they r not welcoming , and one other thing I ask for a multi plug the guy just came and say "sir u have to buy it 10 bucks" this is not what 5 star do ...... , if I come again to this resort , I only come for location not for services......

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ShahidGagai
Helmut P, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear ShahidGagai,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. All guest comments are gratefully received and reviewed. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. We really appreciate your positive comments about SuperFoods buffet breakfast and pools facility. I am truly sorry that we have let you down with regards to the beach. Our beach is not as good as the beach in the North of Langkawi, as we were unfortunately not blessed with the best on the island. Although we endeavor to keep it clean, we unfortunately consistently battle in our area with the debris brought in by the tides. Concerning your comments on the resort condition, we will review the possibility of revitalizing it during our next renovation project. I have looked into the issues mentioned and sincerely apologies for the shortfall in the service standards. I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels and product quality. We take your comments seriously and will review them with our team to make necessary improvements. I do hope that we may welcome you again at the Westin Langkawi.

Helmut Pluecker
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

the westin langkawi resort and spa was absolutely amazing! When we travelled there, we were also with my brother in law, his wife, and their child! they had no rooms available next to each other so they acted immediately and found us 2 one bedroom villas right next to each other! they even gave us a better price to apologise for the inconvenience..

hotel was absolutely amazing! The westin...never fails!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear love2travel300,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our resort during your trip to Langkawi Island and I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your warm words regarding your stay. I totally agreed with you that our villa is fantastic as it combines modern amenities with unparalleled peace and tranquility, which simply make every trip an unforgettable one. I will say that staying in one of our Villa is an experience not to be missed especially to have some cocktail by the private pool while enjoying the views. We hope we can welcome you back to the The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa in the future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 21 July 2012

i stayed there on the 18 and 19 of july with my family in 3 different rooms. the resort is fantastic and the pool is great but when went to sleep i woke up with insect bites on my body. the next night i checked and the bed was filled with ants because it was my last day i didn't sleep and checked out of this horrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank khalid123294009
Dear khalid123294009,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. I am concerned about the issues regarding our room cleanliness and the inconsistent service from our housekeeping team. I am extremely disappointed that we failed on this occasion to live up to the high standards we have set for ourselves. I instructed my housekeeping team to improve immediately. It is indeed unfortunate that you had to experience these shortcomings but I’d like to re-assure you that they do not form part of our standard service levels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistent service you have experienced. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to be of service to you on future visit to Langkawi.

Singapore
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was my second time to Langkawi (my first stay was at the Berjaya), while I had a lovely stay I think the hotel could use a few improvements as it falls shy of its 5 star rating. I had booked on a discounted rate so didn't mind it had more of a 4 star feel to it, but would have been highly annoyed otherwise.

The draw card of this resort is the view - it is incredibly stunning, and I was very pleased to have been upgraded to an ocean view room. I think previous reviews are fair to state the hotel is tired, which I didn't mind. However with a 9 mth old crawling on the floor I couldn't help notice floor level services were quite dusty and appeared to have not been cleaned for some time, the patio also looked poorly maintained. Some of the towels were ragged and I was surprised the hotel did not supply a full bathroom kit (cotton buds, nail filers) as you'd expect at a 5 star. The cot bed provided was awful - it was metal and rather small.

I felt it was a shame the resort didn't offer a local or Thai restaurant as the eating options felt a bit generic. There were 2 restaurants (if you do not include the pool side service) and a bar which served light meals - they offered a very similar menu which entailed mainly western cafe offerings (burgers, sandwiches, pasta) in addition to a few Asian and Middle Eastern items.

Overall, I still enjoyed my time at the Westin, however I think it needs a refurbishment and the 5 star touches were missing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara_E70
Dear Sara_E70,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experience with others. It’s a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our peaceful location. I have to agree with you that resort offer wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. Your comments on the level of cleanliness have been noted and I have addressed this with my housekeeping team. Rest assured we are doing all we can to ensure that this does not recur. Concerning your comments on the resort condition, we will review the possibility of revitalizing it during our next renovation project. Thank you again for having chosen The Westin Langkawi as your holiday destination and I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 19 July 2012

its a typical resort on an island but with all the facilities like a large pool and a waterfall pool, kids play area, gym, etc. Its location is an added advantage for those who want to be close to the downtown. Close to the pier where are all the shops & a few restaurants are. The only minus point about the hotel is the air conditioning, They have kind of set the temperature at 24 deg or so, therefore, no matter what temp you desire, you are stuck with it. All the rooms have the same problem and they have no solution to this, not even an extra fan in the hotel. Breakfast is pretty good, crowd is mainly Saudi's. Expect to see a lot of them.The pool temperature is good, as well as the sunken bar. Hotel beach is not so great.

Room Tip: the two bedroom suites are very nice with a huge balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear jaxx j,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our resort during your trip to Langkawi Island and I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our resort is beautifully located with the stunning scenery yet we are just few minutes away from the main town. We regret that we were unable to fully meet your expectation with regards to the beach. And although we endeavor to keep it clean, we unfortunately consistently battle in our area with the debris brought in by the tides but however, we will continue to constantly do our utmost to monitor and improve the condition of the area. We appreciate you bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention as this will only assist us in improving towards service excellence. My team and I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.