“Quaint, clean & friendly accommodation”
Review of The Box Chalet

The Box Chalet
Ranked #14 of 161 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I booked this accommodation for only one night as I was flying back to Australia the next day. I wish I could have stayed longer as it was much more than I could have expected. My room was so nice, had a great energy, clean, big bed, great shower & everything looked very new. The stand out for me was the owners. Mas and her husband went out of their way to make me feel extremely welcome. She took me into town with her own car, helped me hire a bike and even allowed a late checkout. She was so friendly I felt as though I had my mum there looking after me if I needed it! I will definitely go back & look forward to it! Location is a fifteen min bike ride out of the main strip, but the ride is super easy there and back. Being a bit out was actually good because I got to escape the crowds when I wanted and saw so much more beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Room with the purple walls was great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LozJane86
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Good place to stay, cosy and clean room. Friendly owner (Mas and Effendi). Local breakfast served. Kampung (village) enviroment. Stayed 3 days 2 nights.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Poospa
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We’re just about to leave Box Chalet and feeling pretty emotional about it. What a little jewel of a place, quaint, sweet, the lovely unpretentious side of tourism. We booked in for three nights but stayed for seven. You need a car or scooter as it’s located just outside Pantai Chenang but that’s part of its appeal - you can retreat from the tourist spots into pure Langkawi countryside. There’s couple of bikes here and last night I cycled around the village, the locals wave and giggle, people are so genuinely friendly and a little excited to see you, a tourist, away from the usual tourist haunts. It’s really handing for the airport too yet with no airport noise as such and great for going to the night markets held around here where there‘s plenty of good cheap local freshly cooked food. There’s six rooms round a pleasant little courtyard, nice to sit outside at night with only the sound of the cicadas, the odd scooter passing by or the kite fliers excitedly talking kite. The room has an effective fly chopper and brand new air-con, immaculate en-suite wet room with porcelain just a few weeks old since the place only opened November 2011 and has wifi (subject to the vagaries of Malaysian telecom). The bed is very wide and the room spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities are in the sociable courtyard and breakfast consists of a cooked local dish, a selection of pastries and cakes, and toast and butter. Best of all, the hosts. They really pull out all the stops to make you feel welcome and to cater to your specific needs (eggs for breakfast in my case). They can even sort a better deal on car hire for you which I was grateful for since I’d been ripped off at the airport with a hideous death-rap of a car. We even went out to socialise with them one evening. They know the true meaning of hospitality, and we’ll miss them, great ambassadors for Langkawi. If there’s a next time, we’ll head straight for here.
TIP: The airport information desk is helpful in locating the place or just show the full address to the taxi driver, it’s really not far away - 10 minutes max: No 1 Lot 1107, Jalan Batu Bela Batu Bertangkup, Kampung Caruk Kedawang, Padang Matsirat, Langkawi. Malaysia 07000

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maddoghere4d
Reviewed 8 January 2012

There is no place like home, they say. Yes there is. The Box Chalet felt as good as our home. The owner & her family does everything to make your stay comfortable.

We booked for 2 nights, but stayed for 5!!
You will get a clean room with AC & bathroom and 24 hour wifi.
The beach is 10-15 minutes driving from the Box Chalet. The owners takes you to the town, where you can rent a motorbike. It's a easy way to explore the island.
Don't hesitate & go for The Box Chalet!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank e_okyay
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We're stayed only one night with our friends. The place is very nice and far from other resorts.

If you want to relax and don't want to other people disturb, it's approximate with you.

The rooms is clean, sleep as well with double bed (big size). The price is reasonable if compare with other hotel as same level. The owner is friendly with guest and cooking breakfast to us. You can drink free coffee as you want all time. (Have WIFI)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends