Open today: 8:00 am - 10:30 pm
Review Highlights
would be less stars if it wasn’t for my instructor

a good intro diving experience for first time divers like myself. my instructor (i don’t know his... read more

Reviewed 20 March 2020
shammijahan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
Crowded sausage party, little information

The flyer shows a quiet beach to relax. In real life its an overcrowded, stressful place where you... read more

Reviewed 4 March 2019
Happiness646130
Lier, Belgium
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Langkawi
from $58.00
from $120.00
from $132.10
from $35.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were very excited to visit Langkawi's Coral Reef, however were very disappointed with the service and poorly organised day tour. The buffet provided was horrible and cold. The toilets were filthy and smelt like urine. Unfortunately there is no other way to visit the coral reef unless travelling in a large group and with only a couple of different tour groups which are much the same.
We are still glad we experienced the Coral Reef as the island and snorkeling experience was amazing.

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank HibzyBibzy
Reviewed 29 June 2016

This was hands down the weirdest diving experience I've ever had. Must admit it was very well organized, down to the seconds but in a way, as person it made us feel like build a bears on a conveyor belt. We we're rushed to the ferry, then rushed to the diver's corner, rushed on a boat, rushed into the water, rushed out, rushed to lunch and repeat. The calmest time of the day was the time spent underwater. As a somewhat experienced diver, the dive was fine, but if it was my first time I would have probably wanted more attention and instructions. For the record the diving was decent, lots of clownfish, some lion fish and cool funnel like corals, but nothing too special. Lunch was surprisingly good with a variety of choices and it seemed like the snorkelers had a lot of fun. The whole experience could be summed up by the fact that I got my diving stamp slammed on my arm by winking man with few teeth as I rushed to the ferry back to mainland.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 2 May 2016

We booked our trip a day in advance (at Cenang Beach) and were picked up at almost 8.45 am the next morning. After picking a few more people from different hotels, we were dropped off at the Ferry Terminal. It was a completely touristy setting with more than 100 people easily on the ferry itself but at the platform, different groups were being managed by different teams. We found the instructors to be pretty straightforward and they were able to communicate the Do's & Dont's without any glitch. They were also patient with someone like me who has a major aquaphobia and let me practice the breathing technique for as long as I wanted, without pushing me to get into the water. The Dive was barely 2 minutes for me personally and we then moved to the beach where lunch was served. The lunch was pretty average but again, it was better than nothing!

There were a lot of people snorkling and trying to touch (even catch/hold) the baby sharks- which i personally think shouldn't be encouraged. But there weren't too many staff members at the beach to check on each individual's antics.

We were told this was an entire day's trip but we were ferried back to the terminal by 4.30 and were at our hotel at 5pm..which I didn't seem to mind! But all in all, it was an okay-ish experience and in hindsight, I could have spent my time just chilling at the beach!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

A group of us did this from Penang and back and was around 90 USD per person which included all transport and lunch.

Ferry was about 2 hours, slept both there and back.

What I liked about this though, which a lot of other reviews have criticised, was the absolute freedom of it. You were free to stick to the schedule or just do what you wanted. We did the snorkeling and saw sharks, barracudda and many varieties of colorful fish.

They are quite eco conscious as they tell you not to use soap or shampoo in the showers, not to stand on or touch the coral, not to touch the fish, or to waste any of the food provided. Also saw some places near the beaches where they are trying to encourage coral growth and expand the habitat of the fishes.

The only thing I did not approve of was the feeding of the fish. Saw some of the Chinese group feeding small fish popcorn and one of the staff feeding chicken to a shark.

Overall a great snorkelling trip!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This is an all day outing and not suitable for young children. The day starts at 7am from the hotel and returns at 6.30pm. We begin with a 40 min coach ride from Batu Feringhi to George Town, then we board a 2 hour ferry ride to the Langkawi Coral Platform. The transportation to/fro is so draining, that is not tolerable for traveling with kids under 5.

Once on the platform you’ll get a briefing about the schedule (follow the overhead signs if you can't understand the guide). Though it looks organized, you are left unattended after the briefing. Just keep note of the schedule to know what's going on. There is a 50MR charge for lost goggles; this being only thing repeated clearly.

Once in the water, you don't have to swim far from the floating platform. Actually, there's a sitting area in the water and the mass population of fish are here. I guess knowing that they will be fed bread from the all the tourists. If you swim further away from the floating platform, you'll not see fish. This a little scary for children since the fish swim very close to all the entering snorkelers on the sitting area. You'll hear a few screams from children and ladies.

The food is OK. It's served canteen style. There's a desserts station and drink station, but alcohol drinks are an extra fee.

There are 2 bathrooms on the platform, of which they are asian style, squat.

Date of experience: January 2016