Open today: 8:00 am - 10:30 pm
Review Highlights
would be less stars if it wasn’t for my instructor

a good intro diving experience for first time divers like myself. my instructor (i don’t know his... read more

Reviewed 20 March 2020
shammijahan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
Crowded sausage party, little information

The flyer shows a quiet beach to relax. In real life its an overcrowded, stressful place where you... read more

Reviewed 4 March 2019
Happiness646130
Lier, Belgium
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Langkawi
from $58.00
from $120.00
from $132.10
from $35.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Amazing experience. Very well organised. pick-up from hotel. Smooth 45min trip out to the island. Big pontoon with toilets, showers, snorkelling gear and scuba lessons. plenty of tables and chairs as well as shade. Lunch provided. Glass bottom boat rides included and boat available to take guests to the island. Great visibility and plenty of fishes and coral to see.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank louise m
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Overall I wish I had just relaxed at my hotel. I am an avid snorkeler and this was my first bad experience. This is not a tour - it's a ferry ride with ~200 people to a floating platform where you have a few hours to do your own thing and get fed a v mediocre lunch buffet in the middle. If you haven't snorkeled before I would not recommend since there are no instructors. The ferry ride was super choppy when I went. They handed out sick bags to about half of us - horrible, horrible experience. After an hour of torture I was excited to get off the boat, only to get on a floating platform that bobbed 2 ft up and down. The water was so choppy I was nauseous snorkeling (didn't even realize that was possible). Overall water was very murky (visibility about 10 ft). There are a ton of fish that hang around the platform because they get food, but they are very aggressive and I got bit by a few! The water is not v clean either - lot of leaves, twigs and debris floating around. The baby sharks were neat to see though and the one good thing about the platform is that it's private so your stuff is pretty safe. Tip: pay 100rm less for the beach trip - it's the same place but if you're prone to sea sickness much better.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Adeline D
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Go after your marriage day. Its a wonderful for honeymoon. Wine and chocolate are very cheap. And night life at the bar is.....so cool

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Normally at tourist location everybody is waiting to fleece tourists but this was not such. Very well organized trip with decent prices and good services. We did snorkeling and scuba diving. It was our first experience and we loved it. Not too cheap but not too expensive. Value for money and you will not be disappointed.

We would recommend this place to first timers. We saw corals for the first time and we are very happy we did the trip.

Do not book the tours online. go there and explore and negotiate a little bit.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I'm not sure why prices differ from post to post here, but I paid 140RM per person, which seems to be the lower end, but it's still a rip-off. We were herded like cattle to the ferry, which was full so there must have been more than 100 people easily, dumped onto the beach of Pulau Payar and on that small sliver of a beach, we were left there for FOUR HOURS (11am-3pm). The waters were already crowded with our group but half an hour or so later, TWO or THREE MORE groups joined us. To give you a better picture of what that felt like, imagine James Cameron's Titanic scene after the ship's gone down. Before everyone froze to death. I was fluttering around with I'm sure, more than 200 people in the water, bobbing around in their life jackets, screaming.

I'll admit that some of the fish were pretty impressive but there were no real corals to be seen here. I saw baby sharks, a huge garoupa and a sole sea anemone with a single 'nemo' in it towards the end, when all the sand that had been kicked up by everyone started to settle.

Oh and lunch was a room-temperature box of chicken, fried rice and fries. I couldn't enter the bathroom there because I thought I was going in to wash up but instead, the stink of piss sucker-punched me and knocked the breath out of me.

You might be impressed if you have never been snorkeling before but if you've had some experience before, don't bother with this company (though I doubt other companies are less of a tourist mill either).

Date of experience: July 2015