“Enjoyable and Warm hotel”
Review of Timotel Hotel

and 1 more site!
Timotel Hotel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mersing
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Enjoyable and Warm hotel”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

After reading previous review, my husband and I are quite reluctant to stay in this hotel. But we decided to give it a try and keeping our finger cross since we will be staying for one night....And we are really surprised the moment we enter the hotel, we are greeted warmly from the receptionist. By paying RM130.00 a night with breakfast, we are pleasantly surprised to see the room..it was spacious and look comfortable...my main concerned about the room is the bathroom, after checking the bathroom, I am quite happy since it is clean with simple toileteries provided for us... couldn't asked for more...

After checking in, we decided to have our dinner...since we are tired travelling for 5 hours, we decided to have our meals at the hotel... Again we are surprised that they provide meals package for the hotel guest...By paying RM10.00 we can have fried rice, coffee and a slice of watermelon which I think it is value for money.

They also provided shuttle service to the jetty the next day, since we are taking the 7.30am ferry to the island, we have to leave very early at 6.15am - since the breakfast won't be serve at 7.00, we thought we are going to miss your breakfast and again we are surprised that the hotel arranged a simple breakfast (toast and coffee) for us which i think that it is a special touch from the hotel.

I would say that we are happy that we decided to stay in this hotel eventhough the previous review are not that pleasant...I would definately choose this hotel again if I were to come to mersing again since I was told that beside visiting the island..there's a few places that we can visit like there's a few beaches as well as"kellong"..

Room Tip: Choose the room that facing the back, it is more quiet..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ElyanaCun
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
seremban
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here from 24 to 26 August 2011.
It was easy to locate the hotel but it does not have covered parking.
All the receptionists were unfriendly and not helpful except for one who bothered to give me directions to Chinese restaurants/eateries. I had a difficult time looking for food as August was fasting month for Muslims. You need own transport as none of the eateries are within walking distance.
The deluxe room is spacious but the bathroom was not very clean. To make matters worse, the water pressure for both the sink and shower was low. I had wanted to have a refreshing bath after a hard day's work but this was hampered by the low water pressure during my two-day stay! Moreover, the old-fashioned TV had such poor reception and the musty carpet forced me to wear bedroom slippers..
Breakfast was provided but it was a la carte - the staff did not inform me earlier so I had to gobble the fried rice in order not be late for my meeting! I was smarter on the second day - ordered my breakfast earlier so at least I could enjoy the first meal of the day.
I was so disappointed as none of the staff offered to help me with my four pieces of luggage upon checking out. Imagine I had to lug my luggage to my car in the drizzle!
Would I stay here again? Definitely 'No" as there are other hotels in this town!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank stage2010
Tangkak, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2011

i'm stay here for 10 days ... next time i was'nt choose this hotel for reason...
staff so rude n not profesional.. meal for breakfast n dinner no taste...
black out always happen...

Room Tip: choose other hotel...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TRIPERSHOT
UK
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed at Timotel for 1 night before travelling to Tioman Islands the following day. The room was spacious and clean with free WIFI. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a mixture of continental and Malaysian, simple and enough for us to start the morning. The hotel was about 5 mins walk to the town, and provided complimentary ferry terminal transfer which was a bonus.
Overall our stay was a comfortable and satisfactory one.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dezn
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We were supposed to stay two nights at this hotel in August 2010. When we arrive, apparently they had lost our reservation, after insisting and showing our voucher, we have been told that the room was only available for one night. We asked the receptionist to send us his manager (who didn't show up) and were told that the offer was leave or take.
So we took the one night offer. The room was a bit tired but more or less clean, unlike the bathroom which would clearly need some further cleaning.
The breakfast was ok. The staff, more than the hotel itself, made the experience unpleasant.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IstvanFromLausanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mersing
0.4 km away
15.9 km away
Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
#1 of 2 in Pulau Besar

Been to Timotel Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK