Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$ 73
US$ 62
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 65
US$ 48
Hotels.com
US$ 88
US$ 74
Renaissance Hotels
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$ 25
The Grand Jade Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$ 28
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$ 92
US$ 76
Agoda.com
US$ 93
US$ 78
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$ 23
US$ 20
Priceline
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$ 38
US$ 32
Priceline
US$ 397
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsinfinity poolthai odysseyksl shopping mallpremium suitedoi chaangkorean restaurantsky barbreakfast spreadnight viewthai massagesauna roomnon smoking roomrain showerhigh floorcity viewwalking distancestanding shower
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had a nice stay at Holiday Villa JB over the weekend 30Mar-1Apr 2018. Lovely room. Good view. Spacious room. Clean. Good location. Friendly staff.

However, safety procedures need to be improved!
***Hotel management - please ensure that all exit doors are unlocked in an emergency.

A fire broke out on the 31 Mar late afternoon on the 9th floor ball room. The alarm rang. Lifts were stopped. Announcement called us to evacuate. Firemen arrived to fight the fire.

I was on the 13th floor with my parents and my family was on the 19th floor. The doors to the stairwells on the floors were all locked! None of us could evacuate via the stairs. Very bad.

I had to get the staff on the 13th floor to unlock with his card to open the stair well door and we moved up floor by floor opening the doors on each floor with the staff card. That was the only way I could help my wife and child on the 19th floor.

My wife on the 19th floor had asked the room keeper how to escape when the stairwells were locked. The house keeper said all is in control, pls stay in the room.
***Hotel management - please train house keepers to help guests escape instead of asking guests to stay in room. The all clear was not yet given over the PA system. :(

My parent is on a wheel chair. And would have had trouble escaping.
***Hotel management - pls do also plan an escape protocol for wheel chair bound guests.

Thank God the fire was not serious. It is a good wake up call for me and hopefully for the hotel management too.

Apart from this. It is a nice hotel :)

Room Tip: Comfortable, clean, spacious, good location. I would recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HVJBCC, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Warmest greetings from Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre!

First of all, on behalf of the Hotel Management, I would like to apologize for the incident which caused you the discomfort during your recent stay.

Yes, we do admit that there was a small fire occurred in the Grand Ballroom due to an event, however the fire was extinguished within 15 minutes before the arrival of the Fire & Safety department.

Our staff was aware that there was a guest on a wheel chair staying in one of the room at the hotel and did not leave her at all duirng the event of fire until you reached the room later on. The staff was told by the guest that it is okay for hr not to leave the room since the fire is already gone by the time the announcement reached some of the hotel guests.

As for the evacuation procedure, we do have evacuation procedures on all 3 exit doors at every guests' room floor.

There is no excuse to avoid this issue as guests’ safety is our main priority, however, we are still waiting for the complete report from all parties related – Fire & safety department which conducted an inspection after the event, the Forensic department and authorities involved before we could make any official statements on the initial cause of the fire.

Although it was just a small fire (not explosion), since it is the first time that we experienced such incident, it will take some times to solicit the root of this case as it involved many parties and departments in building serving a hospitality services.

Rest assured that we will try our best to rectify the issue the soonest to avoid the unwanted event from happening again in the future.
Even if it does, as it is beyond our control, we will ensure that a proper information are updated at the time of event.

Despite this, we thank you very much for your support and hoping that we can convince you to visit us again should you ever return to Johor Bahru city and give us a a chance to turn your experience around.

Thank you and Let Us Manja U again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Last week I check in to Holiday villa hotel .The front office staff welcome me to their hotel they provide me with good service .I need to congratulate this staff for the good service Well done Muhammad Nazreen Salehudin for the good service

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ismailmoien
HVJBCC, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Warmest greetings from Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your visit to Johor Bahru.

We are so glad to hear that we were able to offer you a refuge from your busy schedule and will share this feedback with Nazreen. We are sure that he is happy to served you during your time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a pleasant day ahead and Let Us Manja U!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I rang the hotel to enquiry about the room for my stay and they told me it was fully booked. As I would like to reserve it under my corporate account, I had to do it by call only. I told them I saw the online travel agents were having availabilities and how can the hotel be full. She replied and told me to book online then. Whats the point for being your coporate client?? I think maybe it was a peak day and they did not want to offer coporate rate to that day. After that, I booked from Agoda. This should not be the case. Hope the management review this.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HVJBCC, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Warmest greetings from Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre!

Sorry we took quite sometimes to reply to your feedback, we need some times to look into the issue to clarify further.

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you as our corporate client.
There are few factors that your booking was declined.

It is one one of the corporate policy that all bookings from corporate clients are to be made from the company on business arrangements, in this case, the booking was attempted on a weekend and our representative had to decline the booking due to the high occupancy as it is also considered FIT booking since it was made in the weekend. We would have considered it if the occupancy is low during the weekend.

As for the online booking which is still available at the point of time, yes it is available as the hotel is required to make allotments for online bookings for OTA's (Online Travel Agent) availability. Therefore, it is justify that the online booking is still available at the time.

We hope with the explanation above, you have a clearer picture on the corporate rate policy as our representative was only doing his/her duty in conveying the message and we hope that it will not hinder your good-self from visiting us int he future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

-Located next to KSL and Holiday Plaza
-Building by itself, no shelter, no umbrella provided
-Huge check in / check out / reception / lobby area, waiting time less than five minutes
-200RM deposit required upon check in
-Huge infinity pool
-Wide variety of food at breakfast, especially eggs prepared differently
-Nice housekeeping, provided complimentary extra boxes of tissue
-Room service charged 5RM for small bucket of ice and 10RM for taxes
-Room large enough for big luggages
-Great in-room natural lighting due to ceiling to floor windows
-Free in-room wifi, some sports channels on tv
-Carpeted room floor, smoking rooms available
-Spacious bathroom with basic amenities
-Complimentary late check out at 1pm

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OracleBaby

Warmest greetings from Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre!

Thank you for choosing our hotel as the venue for your stay during your visit to Johor Bahru.

We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering
to our guests' needs the best way we possibly can. Rest assured we will look into the mentioned areas for improvement.

If you are traveling to our area gain soon, please do not hesitate to visit us again.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, Let Us Manja U!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Located right beside KSL, this made Holiday Villa's location a good one. Just across the road, you can get local delicacy such as Ba Kut Teh, Wanton Mee and in KSL, famous fast foods such as KFC, small stalls such as Shilin, and a supermarket Tesco for your grocery shopping.

Being one of the taller building around and big windows in the hotel rooms, the hotel itself has a great view of JB City. Located on the 26th floor is the Hotel's Bar. There is an outdoor area which is a good place to chill at night to enjoy the breeze.

There is also an "infinity pool" located in the hotel. The deluxe room comes with either bathtub or shower room, do a request for the bathtub if you want to have one that comes with it.

The room that we had is connecting room, which I personally don't really like due to it is not sound proof and you can hear people talking from the next door. Do ask for non-connecting room if you prefer privacy.

As for the breakfast, there quite a variety of spread. All in all, a pretty good place to rest if you are in for a JB trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a not connecting room for more privacy and request for a bathtub if you need one for the Deluxe room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
HVJBCC, Marketing Communications Manager at Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Warmest greetings from Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience and that the location suits to your preference while staying with us.

Rest assured we strive our best to pamper our guests with the highest standard of service quality.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, Let Us Manja U!