“A good hotel, nice rooms and a good price... working to resolve the luggage issue...”

Hollywood Inn Hotel
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Jounieh
Blackpool
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the Hollywood Inn Hotel with DGH-UK (see following review). I arranged the trip for the 8 of us, which included the stay at the hotel and also the transportation from the Hollywood Inn Hotel up into Mzaar in the mountains. The transportation was not in fact booked with the hotel but was booked through a separate travel agent. DGH-UK was not to know this doesn't actually bare any significance in terms of the incident described.

I personally still think that something underhand was going on. There was one other small incident which could have been construed as extortion but I don't intend to go into this. The incidents could easily have been honest misunderstandings but I think they were more likely the dishonest practice of individual members of staff, not all of the staff and not the hotel as a whole. DGH-UK was clearly very angry and this must have been for good reason. Either way, as suggested by DGH-UK, the trip to Lebanon was tarnished by dishonest people attempting to rip us off at every turn (attempting to over charge for restaurant bills, extortionately high taxi fares, attempting to charge over the odds for hire of inferior ski equipment etc.). This clearly is not the fault of the hotel, but it all added to the anger and overall sense of dissatisfaction and it is something to be wary of when visiting Lebanon.

I'm pleased to report that the hotel management are now working to resolve the incident with the luggage and that they are taking the matter very seriously. I hope that they are able to resolve the issues satisfactorily. In the mean time, and putting this incident to one side, I thought it was important to record my thoughts on the standard of the hotel, which was very good. So... I think the hotel offers good value for money, is well finished and the rooms are of a very good standard. I stayed in a suite, which was very nice and spacious, although I understand from others in the party that the standard rooms were a bit small. The staff were polite, attentive and courteous during our stay and the breakfast was good. The restaurant/breakfast hall offers stunning views of the sea and surrounding mountain.

The location is good, but this depends on what you're looking for (it has it's own “super night club” and there are many “super night clubs” close by).

Room Tip: Some of the standard rooms are very small. It's well worth paying the extra for a suite. Try and...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben_Lock
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Recently stayed for 1 night with a group of 8 colleagues. We had 8 rooms and also booked transport through the hotel so you might expect a little in the way of customer service, Not at the Hollywood Inn!!!!

We arranged for the hotel to organize transport for us from the hotel to a ski resort in the mountains. Upon check out the porter took my case out of my hands and told me he was loading in onto coach as he was with the rest of my colleagues luggage, before boarding the coach I asked him directly if my luggage was on the coach to which he said "YES". Needless to say when we arrived at the resort my luggage was not there, what followed was 4 hours of fascicle arguments over the phone and appalling customer service. It was near impossible to speak to the manager who took no interest at all, the porter himself changed his story numerous times, firstly I didnt give him my case, next I collected it back from him, next I asked him to put it back in my room ( a perfectly logical request for someone checking out!!!!!!). Eventually he admitted his mistake but the hotel would take no action.

Through a combination of frustration, boredom and a desire for the Hollywood Inn to not totally ruin my holiday I agreed to pay for a taxi to bring my case to resort.

Congratulations Hollywood Inn you scammed me out of $70, unfortunately you lose out on thousands of $ in future booking when my colleagues and I next return to Beirut.

Trying learning some honesty, integrity and while your there CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay the Lebanese Tax (I.e be ripped off and scammed at every possible opportunity)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank DGH-UK
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I like it (Y)
The fashion rooms are really nice

• Stayed November 2011
Jounieh
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed in this Hotel during September, i stayed in the Junior suite, it is great, clean, spacious and the view was awewsome.The standard rooms were good too but the view was horrible, overlooking between buildings. There was a Juacuzzi to my surprise and the best part is that there is a window in the bathroom wall so you can enjoy the great sea view […]

Room Tip: Senior suite
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Lidos3
Reviewed 6 November 2011

That hotel is awesome and the best hotel in jounieh especially there sushi restaurant in the sixth floor wid a panoramic view ther service is extremly fast and the people there are very friendly what about the room their fantastic and the bed is so comfortable an the view is awesome! I adore that hotel and it's staff ofcourse Iam going to come back

• Stayed October 2011