Samburu Riverside Camp(Samburu National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 50
Elephant Bedroom Camp(Samburu National Reserve)
US$ 750
  • Breakfast included
Sabache Camp(Samburu National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp(Samburu National Reserve)
US$ 988
  • Pool
Grande Hotel(Isiolo)
US$ 36
US$ 35
US$ 55
US$ 46
Alba Hotel Meru(Meru Town)
US$ 153
US$ 98
Official Hotel Site
West Wind Hotel(Meru Town)
US$ 52
US$ 42
Ibis Hotel(Nanyuki Town)
US$ 49
US$ 40
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbuffalo springselectric fencethe rivergame driveshot waterswimming poolbuffet stylewet towelsstayed here for nightsgift shopewaso nyiro riverherd of elephantsgame reservenational parkfirst stopcertain timesfood was wonderful
Reviewed 4 September 2015

I went to Samburu specifically to see and photograph the game specific to this area and not occurring anywhere in the Southern African region and I like smaller venues with a more personal touch. I was not disappointed. This a a lovely and attarctive lodge and the staff is dedicated and highly motivated. For those also interested in bird life this is an excellent place and I recommend it warmly.

Room Tip: Here you are in a fantastic wild life area in thw Serengetti
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The food and the rooms were amazing. The food was delicious, not disappointed at all. Rooms were equally wonderful.
But when it comes to the staff, really disappointed, discipline is definitely needed and ashnil samburu needs to get their house in order. Being frequent travelers ourselves, we have never experienced such humility and disrespect anywhere else. First getting overpriced at the shop and the bar together three times in a day! Once a mistake, but twice, even thrice is pushing it. Then since we were too clever for that, they ACCUSED US OF STEALING! Was that getting back at us for finding out about over pricing? Then as if that wasn't enough, when checking out, we realize we are missing a few things, starting with our camera! So we obviously checked our purses and wallets, and guess what MONEY IS MISSING!!! The wallet was literally empty, they didn't even leave the coins!! And the ladies purse was a mess! Seriously who does that??
What kind of a business are you running?? Is this what you call customer satisfaction?? We have travelled to many different places, in fact we have been just right next to your neighbour’s SAMBURU SIMBA and SAROVA SHABA and they have been very friendly and welcoming and have NOT disappointed us one bit! But seems like ASHNIL SAMBURU is running some sort of scam with its customers!
We were looking for a good weekend and to some point even had it, we also let go of the accusations made against us and the over pricing, we dealt with that and moved on. Both parties were happy, we even celebrated a birthday and the staff sang and danced very well for us, we even gave some money as a token of appreciation and that's not very little money, quite a bit actually. And everyone was OKAY and we were having a good time, until we checked out and found out the camera was missing, even that we said it's okay, it might have been misplaced, and if the hotel found it, they would call us. We then leave the place, and as a last precaution, everyone checks their bags and what do we find?? MONEY MISSING! And that was the limit! You totally spoiled our weekend! THIS IS UTTERLY DISGUSTING AND VIOLATION OF PRIVACY.
I REALLY HOPE THE OWNER OF ASHNIL SAMBURU SEES THIS. BECAUSE PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT LIKE ANYONE DESTROYING MY BUSINESS'S REPUTATION EITHER,WITHOUT HAVING THE CHANCE TO FIX IT. THIS IS A POLICE CASE NOW. AND I SHALL TAKE ACTION, DEFINITE ACTION IF I DON'T HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE CONCERENED, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Customer's want to enjoy the places they go to for holidays, and relax, not to keep worrying, having to look behind their shoulders every time and feel ripped off and violated.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank Vishnav R
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights and generally enjoyed the experience. The rooms are well appointed and private, as they're all individual little cabins. Food was alright, there was a lot of variety and you could always find something you liked but I'm not a big fan of buffets. Game drives were on a set schedule (AM & PM), which paired with set meal times and tables in the restaurant made the camp feel a bit less personal. Given the sheer number of rooms, it makes sense that things are more regimented and for the price I think Ashnil is a good value.

I had a wonderful time on the game drives and we even managed to see honeymooning leopards! The scenery is beautiful and my guide was very good about making sure we got to see the animals I wanted to.

All in all, it was a good stay, just more institutional than I expected it to be.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2015

We have just returned from a fantastic safari trip to Kenya and Tanzania with Somak Travel. We stayed at two Ashnil tented lodges and a number of Serena hotels. This camp was delightful. The tent/luxury room was situated right on the river with views of elephants, baboons and even lions. The staff were friendly, knowledgable and helpful without being obtrusive and the pastry chef was a magician! Great food and a brilliant two night start to our safari. The Buffalo Springs reserve is only just second to the Madai Mara for game viewings.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 28 July 2015

This camp has a great position within the Buffalo Springs Park. Different types of giraffe & zebras were intriguing, and the river was very pretty. The nature walk with Johnson was very enjoyable. Accomodation is excellent - spacious and comfortable tented rooms. Food was okay, but we were tiring of buffets. Daniel was a wonderful waiter.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family