US$ 204
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place
I spent two nights here. We had a warm welcome at the reception.The rooms are comfortable, clean,spacious with good free WiFi.The staff are friendly ,the food was amazing.we enjoyed your services,will be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed there for 3 nights, it has a beach front, the staff are very friendly and helpful, led by the ever smiling and most pleasant Cecilia always going out of their way to make guests comfortable.
Rooms have a view of the swimming pool and garden with the ones on upper floors having a view of the sea.
I loved my stay there because of the tranquillity and the privacy offered to each room.

However I found the facility very basic and thus a little over priced for the kind of service on offer, especially their rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have a view of the ocean but you will pay more for them.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Nicola B, Direttore at Silver Rock Hotel - Silversand Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear kagiaj,

thank you for your kind review. We take in seroius consideration your advices, and we are always improving the facilities in the room to make always a better experience to our guests.

The managemenet

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is below standard; poorly equipped, super basic and not value for money. It is also NOT directly on the beach, so the picture is misleading. Windows (bathroom) not covered with mosquito net... Bar not open at 4pm...not even for a soda. Lack lusture service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Checked out after my 2 nights and don't intend to ever book Silver Rock hotel again, in fact I was relieved to check out. On arrival at the hotel l inquired as to whether my booking included breakfast and got informed that it didn't despite the high charges I had payed. I felt that I had been overcharged compared to other places I had previously stayed at. The room was very basic with no style, then later found out that the 2 bathroom windows were bare and with no mosquito mesh net protection on them, exposing me to mosquitoe bites and possibly malaria as Malindi is a high risk malaria region. When I brought this to the attention of staff that I needed value for money service and piece of mind as l didn't want to gamble with my health, they sprayed my room which was okay but not good enough. I left the matter there but then later returned and requested value for money service and asked to be moved to another room, I even dared the staff to show me any other room without mosquito mesh nets on the windows. After being transferred to another room which appeared better than the previous one, l found out the new room also needed a bit of work doing so brought it to the attention of the work men when I was checking out.

Room Tip: The location is within easy reach to town centre but noisy as it's next to the main road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Have had numerous fantastic stays here. Very nice staff, excellent rates and great value for Money.

I love the pool and the quick access to the beach. Close proximity to casuarina road makes travel within Malindi easy.

No complaints at all!! Love this place.

Room Tip: The higher floors have an excellent Ocean view!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo