“Heaven In Paradise”

Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance to the Main House
Side view of the House
View across pool to guest wing
View across pool to main house
View at low tide from part of garden
Master Bedroom
Master bedroom bathroom
Veranda dining table
Entrance to the living room with veranda beyond
Bedroom in separate guest wing
Outside veranda on guest wing
View from Master bedroom window to pool
Looking down to pool from Guest wing
Looking back towards HImaya at far end on cliff
Walking along side Himaya at low tide - in the South Monsoon
Looking out to Marine Park
A sunset from Himaya
Storm over the ocean from Himaya
Fisherman out in May storm
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ghaleb D
“Heaven In Paradise”
Reviewed 3 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I have been lucky to stay in a number of great places all over the world over the past twenty years and can say hand on heart my stay at Himaya was one of the very best.

We had been in the Mara for four days and were looking forward to the beach part of our holiday. Communication and booking was efficient & effortless which had given me a very positive feeling about staying there before we even arrived. Lissa who owns Himaya is passionate about ensuring you have what you want and need and is always on hand. She is kind, considerate and knows a great deal of people so if its buying local art to who should you snorkel with she can help.

The pictures on the website simply don't do this place justice. Heaven in paradise.

The house and gardens are beautiful. The views of the beach and ocean from all over the house and garden are breath-taking. Having your meals outside while gazing at the ocean is a magical experience.

The team really look after you but don't fuss around you, nothing is too much trouble and pleasing you and making your stay as comfortable as possible is their focus.

Sammy is an exceptional cook. From the lightest pancakes and freshly squeezed passion fruit at breakfast, to lunches and dinners of whole baked parrot fish, melt in the mouth squid and king prawn curries to die for. If you love your seafood and appreciate sublime cooking he is your man. He is happy to cook whatever you want but my recommendation is just leave it to him, he shops daily and knows what’s best to buy.

I recommend long walks along the glorious beach and swims in the stunning sea on a regular basis to make room for what delights Sammy has in store for you. If the long walks are not to your choosing, crash by the pool which is big and perfectly kept and listen to the ocean.

After Himaya we went to Cheshale for 5 days, (beautiful place, great kite boarding, good food) after two days there my children begged me to ask Lissa if we could come back for one last day and curry lunch, they wanted their last memory of Kenya to be at Himaya, I had thought it might have been seeing all the wildlife but it was Himaya. Thank fully Lissa gave them their wish.

I cannot recommend this fantastic home enough. Don't waste your time looking for anywhere else. Thank you Lissa. Ghaleb and the Ladies.

Dannakoko
Minneapolis, MN
“Amazing Return Visit”
Reviewed 20 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We had another lovely stay at Himaya this year and honestly, if we could we would be more frequent guests to this lovely oasis! The service was again beyond anything we could have expected and we were in the lap of luxury for the 2+ weeks we stayed. We recommend this to families and couples alike - it is a wonderful place to get away and have everything you could ever imagine in a seaside paradise.

Your age range 35-49
plambers
Charlotte, North Carolina
“wonderful home, owner and staff!”
Reviewed 9 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

Himaya house for 6 days was a perfect spot after our 2 week Kenyan safari. Lissa was so patient responding to my many emails and questions. She was able to help us reserve kayaks and paddleboards to have at the house upon our arrival. She and Lulu walked the beach with us on our first full day to make sure we were comfortable. She helped us book a great snorkeling trip with Isaac. She found some uno cards for us to play and visited us daily and we enjoyed our conversations with her. She has rescue animals which my kids loved as they missed our dog.

Our teens loved having the guest house to themselves and we loved the views and sounds of the ocean from the master bed room. The fans and ocean breezes kept the house cool. The views-of the baobab trees, of the garden, the pool, the ocean - were so lovely and calming. We quickly adapted to the Swahili way and never wore shoes in the house (or outside for that matter!) We played many a card game at the outside table and enjoyed the veranda for meals and reading.

The level of service from the staff was amazing. Sammy, the chef, cooked amazing meals. We ate seafood for every meal and my son declared his pasta Bolognese to be tied as #1. I miss my fresh fruits and custom cooked breakfasts, the amazing soups, the best friend calamari we have ever eaten (and we have eaten a lot!), the prawns, the crab cakes and the tons of pasta my kids kept requesting! Sammy did it all with a smile. Silas and Mapinga helped us carry the paddleboards and kayaks to and from the beach every day and even joined us for a few rides. That was great fun and we enjoyed the conversations with them. Nothing was too much to ask for and it was always done with a smile. It was stress free-having a fully staffed house is a new concept for us but it allows for a wonderfully relaxing vacation. My laundered and ironed clothes appeared like magic every day! The house and grounds were kept very clean.

The pool was wonderful and patio furniture was so comfy. Views were great down to the beach. We enjoyed watching the kids below playing soccer or the professional acrobats practicing.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Himaya House and miss it already!! Lisa and staff, thanks for your kindness.

Your age range 50-64
Uttara P
“Absolutely gorgeous home with the nicest host. Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 7 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Our time in Lissa’s gorgeous home was beyond perfect. The house is right on the beach and can be accessed from a little door in the garden. The deck offers a stunning view of the sea and the cliffs around, as does the bedroom upstairs. The other bedrooms are a few steps away from this part of the house. These are large and airy rooms with big sit-outs that lead to the swimming pool. We spent a lot of time in and around the pool! The house is beautifully done up and has every comfort. I do not exaggerate when I say that it was terribly hard to leave Lissa’s piece of paradise and we’re already wondering when we can go back.
The house is well-located in Malindi – close to the centre of town but away from the noise. It is useful to have a car there.
What made our stay beyond perfect were the people. Lissa is warm and welcoming and ever so helpful! She has many interesting stories to tell and guided us about which shops to visit and where we could get groceries, etc. Sammy and Silas took such good care of us. We ate Sammy’s delicious meals every day and Silas made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Lissa’s many rescue cats and one dog mostly keep to themselves but it’s very nice to have them around and they only add to the warmth and welcoming of the place. Thank you Lissa and can’t wait to come back!

Claudia H
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We so loved our stay at Himaya House!! The house is beautiful with a scenic view! The staff was SO warm, helpful and friendly! Lissa was great! She helped me in so many ways as I planned our trip. I highly recommend booking this house!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing