All reviews floor restaurant spectacular views high end sized room river
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Nikko never disappoints. I made my reservation using an Expedia deal last minute for a Saturday night when most (cheaper) options I would normally have gone with were sold out.

In true Nikko fashion, I was graciously greeted at check in, and upgraded to a larger room on a high floor

The location is along the river with spectacular views West over the western neighborhoods and mountains.

The buffet breakfast is exceptional. A large, diverse spread of fresh, high quality locally sourced ingredients made into delicious Japanese and Western salads, breakfast foods, etc. People go back for 3rds and 4ths. My favorites included the Yuzu juice, Mango pudding and Chefs special recipe curry rice. And of course the local Katsuo Tatami (seared bonito). But everything looked beautiful and tasted delicious. And the view through the walls of glass from this 22nd floor restaurant cannot be beat!

The onsen is nice, includes a dry sauna, and is the perfect way to refresh from a long day of running around town and nearby areas in the muggy heat

I added a second night, because I loved my room and view, but ESPECIALLY so I could enjoy another leisurely, filling breakfast!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2017

High-end hotel located next to river but a bit away from city centre (15-20 mins. walk). Got a room on high floor with nice river view, modernly and neatly furnished with sitting area and work bench, considered a good sized room. Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We had a booking in this hotel for our upcoming Japan trip, but wanted to make an adjustment. Tried to contact the hotel on five different occasions but never got a single reply. We ended up cancelling our reservation and booked into another hotel,

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Rooms are small but everything else is great. Very clean. Nice view overlooking the river and the city. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bathroom is relatively spacious and has everything you need. A very Enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 March 2017

Thank you for your stay.

And We are so happy that you were comfortable and enjoyed staying with us.

We are looking foward to see you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Was in Kochi looking for a hotel the night before. One thing I would like to highlight is hotels in Japan do not need credit card for booking. Just a phone call and surname will do ! I suspect thats why rooms are overbook everywhere. This is a pleasant 4 star hotel, and I was charge about 20,000yen for bed and breakfast for two. But the rooms are good quality, and you get western bed which is something rare. The showers are reasonable sized. If you're driving, you need to put your car at the back in one of the automated stacked parking for 540yen per day. Restaurant served good food, but for western it only have weenies, French toast, scrambled eggs and bacon. Enough but not a 4 star hotel fare compared to other places. Dinner kaiseki at 7200yen per person is not bad.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple