See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

This place is a traditional japanese apartment in the heart of city,full facilities and close to shopping arcade.The room is clean and cosy.The owner"Daisuke" is extremely friendly and helpful.I'm very appreciate and I will stay here again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Definitely one of the best stay for me in japan. The room is clean and the atmosphere is good. And it is also so close to the station. The host Daisuke is super nice and responses very fast. I will stay here again if I come to takamatsu again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Daisuke U, 支配人 at Traditional Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

We are extremely pleased to receive your kind words through your review.
Our staff will carefully examine your comments and opinions to improve the customer care and service.
We will keep doing the best efforts to providing pleasant experiences to our customers.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I got in quite late and only stayed for one night and left rather early the next morning so I can’t really comment on the social life at this hostel. It was quite an average hostel, good to stay for one night. It wasn’t very clean as compared to other places that I’ve been staying. The dorm is on the third floor of a separate building than the reception. Daisuke was very sweet to stay up waiting for my arrival so he can check me in. He gave me the instruction of how to go to the building where the dorm is which is only 1-2 mins walk. I asked him for the ferry schedule for Naoshima since I wanted to do that the first thing in the morning. There is only one shower and one toilet in the dorm for 8 people which is quite extreme for me. I didn’t have any problem since i visited in mid December and there were many guests at the time. I couldn’t imagine how it would be during peak season. The guy who stays in my dorm smells bad, he turned on the light when he came back late and he mumbles to himself. I didn’t really like my experience here or maybe if I stay longer I would have a second opinion. The blanket was really warm, the mattress was quite soft. You have to put the bed sheets and the pillow cover on yourself and remove them and put in the bin when you check out. The location of this hostel is fantastic. It’s 2’ walk from Kawaramachi subway which is 2 stops away from the main train station Takamatsu chikko. I might come back to Takamatsu and give this place a second chance.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

This place is located at the city center and a 1 minute walk to a station, how much more convenient can you get?! The rooms are comfy and the owner speaks English quite fluently and will always go out of hus way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as it gets. Definitely a great stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The location of the traditional apartment is convenient - only 3-min walk from Kawaramachi Station and a huge shopping mall opposite to it. Easy to get access to the supermarket and shopping areas. It's an unique experience to live in a traditional Japanese house yet it is definitely too ambitious to fit 4 adults inside the room (see enclosed picture FYI - you can barely set up the futon fully unfortunately) - would be more suitable to only accommodate 2-3 people. The only shower room is also shared by 3 rooms hence you really have to queue up every night which could be rather stressful. The cleanliness of the room and kitchen facilities can also be improved. Hostel host is friendly and helpful though for providing assistance when needed, with some cool paintings and decorations around as bonus.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family