All reviews shopping mall twin room hotel is located vending machine breakfast is served good sized rooms shops and restaurants spent two nights room key leisure trip covered shopping jr station coin laundry located right ritsurin garden fair price great central location
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Daiwa Roynet Hotel is at a good location and offers a fair price, also equipped with coin laundry. The room’s size is moderate, and its amenities are functional. This hotel is ideal for backpackers and business travelers.

It was the second time I stayed over there. The very reason that made me come back was not what I mentioned above, but it was the breakfast.

This hotel was without a restaurant by itself, and the breakfast was provided by a nearby restaurant in the shopping mall Green. Its name was Miru Mama when I first visited, but the name changed to Naoshima Art Dining this time. I was very satisfied with the food when I visited at the first time; the food was still good by my second visit.

Daiwa Roynet was not a 5-star high-end hotel, so I never expected high-end service from this hotel. However, the service could still be better in my opinion

First, I reserved the room very early. Upon leaving for my trip, I wrote an email to the hotel for reconfirmation and for help: booking a local restaurant for us as the first-day dinner in Takamatsu. The staff replied me and rejected my request simply by saying “Sorry, we can not help for booking.” without any explanation. Maybe the hotel has other considerations; yet, this plain and straightforward way of rejection was rude and stunning for me, especially by Japanese standards.

Second, we stayed at Daiwa Roynet for two days. When we were back to hotel room at second day evening, I found 2 cups on the table not cleaned, and the janitor left a message on the table unsure if we needed the content or not; therefore they had not disposed of them. In fact, there were about only 10c.c. of tea inside a mug and about 20c.c. of drinking water in the glass. One should easily have judged whether the guest would want these residual drink or not—most of the people would not have their dink emptied every time, and there were residual most of the time.

Latterly, I found some guests complaining about the uncleaned cups issue as I have experienced. From the reply of the hotel manager/representative, I understood that it was the SOP of the hotel. I can imagine that some janitors had cleaned cups with drinks, therefore occurred some dispute between guest and hotel. However, I believe this situation would be few and exceptional. What surprised me was: while a guest was complaining about uncleaned cups, the manager/representative did not rethink whether their SOP went wrong but, by sticking on the SOP, argued their service persons did nothing wrong. They were willing to make major guests inconvenient for avoiding trouble occurring at a very low possibility

Is this the right way of management and CRM? I really doubt it.

Daiwa Roynet位置好、價格便宜、有自助洗衣等便利設備的飯店。房間的大小還適中、設施實用。很適合自助旅行或商務旅行。

這是我第二次住這裡,會吸引我再來的原因卻不是上面這些因素,而是早餐。

這家旅館本身沒有餐廳,早餐是到隔壁大商城Green一家餐廳。原本叫みーるマーマ但現在改為Naoshima Art Dining。我第一次去吃非常滿意,這次去發現內部裝璜似乎沒多大改變,食物也還不錯。

這家飯店不是五星級高級旅館,所以原本就沒有期待它會提供很完善的服務,但我覺得有些服務還是可以改善。

一、我很早訂了房,出發前一周寫信再確認,並問他們在我抵達那天,可否幫我訂高松市一家餐廳晚餐。結果我收到的回信就只是很簡單的拒絕幫我訂晚餐,只有一句”sorry”,沒有任何說明。也許旅館有他們的考量,但這樣的回覆方式讓我覺得很粗魯、錯愕,尤其以日本人禮貌的標準而言。

二、我們在這家飯店住兩天,第二天出門回飯店,發現兩個杯子沒洗,而且清潔人員在杯子上放一個紙條表示因為不確定我們是否還需要所以沒有清理。事實上,一個馬克杯內只賸10cc的茶,另一個賸約20c的開水。我想就常識就可以判客人是不是想留下杯內的飲料──絕大多數人不會每次都把杯子裡的飲料喝到見底,多數時候會留下殘餘。

後來我發現Tripadvisor上也有客人抱怨這點,而飯店方面也做出回應。原來這是飯店的SOP。我可以理解,可能曾經發生過清潔人員把裝有飲料的杯子清洗,之後客人與飯店發生爭執,但我相信這是非常少的例子。讓我訝異的是,當客人抱怨清潔人員沒清理杯子時,飯店經理人並不去反省他們的SOP是否有問題,反而是執著於SOP和抱怨者爭辯服務人員沒有做錯──他們只為了避免一個發生機率很低的麻煩,而寧可造成絕大多數客人的不方便,這是正確的管理與客服方式嗎?

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas K
DaiwaRoyalTakamatsu, フロント at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

First of all, I came to Takamatsu Welcome. Also, thank you for choosing Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu from among accommodation facilities located in Takamatsu city.
Although we came, we are sorry for inconvenience and cleaning problems, we apologize for lying down. I am truly sorry.

Regarding reservation of restaurant reservations, we do not do. However, we are doing exorbitant criticism that we were able to respond even more flexibly.

In addition, we are preparing for the cleaning during your stay in all the guest rooms, which shows the stance in front of you. However, we believe that we should tell the customer including the announcement. I would like to thank you for your comments on the content. Since it is common content at all stores, it is difficult to rewrite the contents immediately, I would like to be a material to consider in the future.

Aiming at a hotel loved by everyone, we will continue to devote ourselves to all employees so that we can continue to create high value and gain deeper satisfaction.

By all means within the near future to come,we'd like to welcome you with hospitality.

Thank you for you comment.

Regards,

Daiwa Roynet Hotel TAKAMATSU.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The merit of this Daiwa Roynet lies in its location - right at the shopping street, and its surrounding tens of restaurants within 5 minutes' walk. A bit extra offered by Daiwa Roynet is the travel guides/ restaurant guides prepared by them, other than other promotional materials available for you to collect at the lobby. Other than that, there's nothing else impressive. Other Daiwa Roynet hotels in other cities, even those newly opened, seem to charge lower than this one. If you want a typical Daiwa Roynet experience - compact, tidy and clean small business hotel room, this is the one.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
DaiwaRoyalTakamatsu, フロントスタッフ at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Sir./Madame,

I am very much afraid I know this hotel well.

Continue to create high value, we will devote ourselves to all employees so that we can get deeper satisfaction.

We are looking forward to seeing you from the near future again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I was there with my husband for 3 nights in June. We picked a twin room with wheelchair accessible which is slightly bigger than normal rooms. If there were more space to put toiletries, it would be better. Since the hotel is on top of Marugamemachi Green shopping center and easy access to Marugamemachi Shoppng street, shops and restaurants are all within easy reach. Parking is also within the same shopping complex. Breakfast is served in a restaurant on the 2/F of the shopping center. Good selection. I would stay here again if I come back to Takamatsu.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
DaiwaRoyalTakamatsu, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for staying at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu.
We will improve the service level of the staff so that everyone can have a more comfortable stay.
We are looking forward to seeing you again Mr/Ms World_explorer_HK.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Located in the heart of the Takamatsu city, the Hotel is is easily accessible and very convenient, with many shopping places and eateries nearby.

Guestroom is spacious. Bathroom is clean and tidy. You get everything you need.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

With its more than reasonable price, the Hotel is worth the stay if you are travelling around the Setouchi area.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more open city view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
ダイワロイネットホテル高松, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you very much for using the Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu.
We are glad for your having good stay in Takamatsu.
Also,we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Great stay at the Daiwa Roynet Hotel. Got there easily via the Airport shuttle, which dropped us about 10mins away from the hotel. The hotel itself is very conveniently located right at the Marugamemachi shopping street, so we could walk around even when it was raining and search for restaurants and buy things. The hotel is located above a mall and parking lot, with the lobby on the 8th floor. The mall it is located in houses Loft, restaurants, a Muji, two supermarkets, bakeries and a Starbucks. There are cafes and convenience stores very closeby so if you don't have a breakfast package at the hotel, just pop down for some delicious rice balls or Japanese pastries.

The hotel is pretty close by to many sights. We walked to the castle, harbor, etc.

The rooms are clean and very large for Japan. We had two adults and two kids in a twin room and ample space for luggage and mini meals (breakfast) in the room. The bathroom is also large with a deep tub and unlike many Japanese hotels, can fit more than one person at a time.

We'd definitely stay there again the next time we are in Takamatsu.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ダイワロイネットホテル高松, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you very much for using the Daiwa Roynet Hotel Takamatsu.
We are glad for your having good stay in Takamatsu.
Also,we are looking forward to seeing you again.