All reviews small double bed japanese standards hakata station basin convenience luggage tv toilet kyushu floor lobby size yen location city
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We needed a place to stay for the night after a hike with walkjapandotcom so we decided to wander down the street. Just a block from the back entrance we found this new hotel, they have baths, a humble breakfast, the location is spot on. Just down the street from these guys going back to the station is a wonderful massage school, same side of the street as this hotel. Wonderful place to enjoy a lower leg and foot massage, particularly if you’re coming off a two week trek on Kyushu. So, regardless of your trip, if you’re looking for a very nice hotel in Fuk, you really can’t go wrong with this place. CHeers, Salida1048

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
winggniw, FRONT DESK at Hotel Wing International Select Hakata Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We are glad to know that you did enjoyed recent trip in Japan.
Our hotel is near the station so there are many shops around here.
We are happy that you found our location was convenient.

There are many good view spot in Kyushu. I highly recommend you to come to Kyusyu again!
Thank you for your feed-back and we are looking forward to your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2017

After a cheap but lively Airbnb stay in Tenjin, and an countryside onsen stay, I was really looking forward to a western style hotel at the end of my Kyushu trip.

FYI This was the more expensive accommodation of the trip.

The hotel is modern, and well staffed. The room was clean and had modern furniture. But the size of the room was tiny, even by Japanese standards. I was traveling with my husband, and there was no room to open our luggages (2), no real closet just a small rail near the door, the small double bed was against one wall - I felt like I was on a plane and had to ask to go to the washroom to get out of bed.

We had the breakfast plan, several type of breakfast options are available, and all seemed nice.

The location is good, walking distance to the train station and to local attractions (There is a fabulous yakitori restaurant just a block and a half away). Certainly quieter than the Airbnb in Tenjin - but more business-urban.

I probably would not stay here again as a couple. But can't really fault the service or cleanliness.

Room Tip: ask for a larger room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireFromYVR
winggniw, front desk at Hotel Wing International Select Hakata Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear ClaireFromYVR
Thank you for your stay at hotel wing international select hakata.
We are very happy that you had a great trip in japan.
Our hotel was open last year in MAY. Its still clearn and new.
thank you for saying very nice things about staff and room clean and breakfast.
We are deeply sorry about the room size. our hotel room size is 15sq.
If you have a lot of suite case or many suvenior, we would like to keep it at the front desk.
If you have a chance to come to fukuoka again, we are looking forward to seeing you.
Our new hotel is open on this october in hakata.
Thank you.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Not too difficult to find the hotel from the train station, a short 7 minute walk leads you the the quiet road in front of the hotel.
Lobby is cosy and the reception is typically Japanese courtesy and service.
The lobby at our room floor had the Paris theme which was quite charming in its way. Room was very small, the small double bed was more like a Super single bed and quite a squeeze for your luggage.
Many convenience stores around the hotel and a Golf shop nearby. We didn't try the hotel breakfast. The big Shopping Centre Canal City is also within walking distance so is the red light area across the river.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronnie T
winggniw, front desk at Hotel Wing International Select Hakata Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Mr or Ms Ronnie T
Thank you for your stay at hotel wing international select hakata.
Our hotel is about 4 mins from hakata station. Our hotel is surrounded by business building so its very quite at night.
Also there are many shop if you go to the station and Canal city.

Sorry about the room. our hotel room size will be 12㎡ If you reserve twin room will be much bigger room.
Also our hotel has a different style in each room. My favorite is 7th floor Paris.
If you come to our hotel again, please try our breakfast!
thank you.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I had the standard double room, and traveling alone, it was ample. However if I was traveling as a couple, as others have stated, I would have wanted a larger room. The room was immaculately clean and the bed very comfortable. The location was key, as I was flying in and taking the subway to Hakata Station. It was a quick 5-minute walk to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I was able to leave my luggage as I went sightseeing and shopping after checkout. The attached Market Cafe restaurant served high quality, delicious food and was very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again, if given the opportunity to revisit Fukuoka.

Room Tip: If going as a couple, opt for a larger room than standard double. Standard double is fine for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristen S
winggniw, front staff TAGURI at Hotel Wing International Select Hakata Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you for your stay at hotel wing international select hakata.
We are very happy that you had a great stay in our hotel.
Our hotel is 15sq for the double bed. If you have a alot of stuff, you can leave the luggage at the front desk.
Thank you for using breakfast at the cafe. There are diffrent kinds of menu you can choose. I would recommend japanese food.
If you have a chance to come to fukuoka again, we are waiting for you to come back!

thank you for your message.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My husband and I booked a standard double non-smoking room with daily breakfasts for 4 nights.

Service was very good. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. We had no trouble communicating with them in English. We were also allowed to leave our luggage in the hotel because our flight was still in the afternoon. This gave us a chance to roam around Hakata for last minute sightseeing and shopping.

Our room was on the 9/F very close to the elevator so it was very convenient to carry our luggages. The room was very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable so we had a very good night's rest. Our only disappointment was that space was very limited and it had no closet. It was a challenge to move around the room with 3 suitcases.

Daily breakfasts was included in our booking. We had 3 choices: American, Continental or Asian. I tried all and was not disappointed. The meals were tasty, nutritious and filling.

Apart from being new, the hotel's best attribute is its location. It was a 5 minute walk from JR Hakata station, the main transportation hub in Hakata, and the Hakata City mall. There were convenience stores, restaurants and a pharmacy on the route to Hakata station. The hotel is perfect for those who would like to go sightseeing in Fukuoka and nearby areas and those who would like to shop.

I would not hesitate to return to this hotel when I'm in Fukuoka and recommend it to friends and relatives who will be visiting the area. But, I would consider booking a bigger room next time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelersjoy24
winggniw, front taguri at Hotel Wing International Select Hakata Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Cutomer
Thank you for your stay at hotel wing international select hakata.
Also we are very happy that you had a great stay in our hotel.
Our hotel has a diffrent image in each floor so if you have a chance to come to our hotel again, we will show you another room.
We are very sorry about the room size. Since you had a 3 suitcases it should be very hard to open.
Also thank you for for staying very nice things about the breakfast.
There are 5 choices you can choose (2 menu will be extra charge) but we are recomend japanese menu its a Hakata traditional food.
Our hotel is near the hakata station so you can walk to go shopping or go our for dinner.
We are very happy that you had great stay in hakata!
We are looking foward to seeing you again.