“Tasty but always have a long queue”
Review of Kiwamiya, Hakata

Kiwamiya, Hakata
Ranked #30 of 13,633 Restaurants in Fukuoka
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The food in this shop is tasty and not expensive. It is a very small shop with 20 seats something. It always has a long queue outside. As it is just next to my hotel, I have a late lunch at 3:30 there. I just need to wait for 30-40 minutes before seated. The beef is tasty. We can request to place the stone with a hot one to cook the beef. However, I don't recommend the burger as it is to big and hard to cook.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank deniskan

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Kiwamiya is renowned for its Hamburg steak. I missed it last year so I had to try it this year. I stayed near the Takata station and to my delight, they opened a new outlet near the bus station next to Takata. Do not eat at this restaurant during meal times. The queue is incredible because the restaurant can accommodate only less than 15 people. At 1130, I was told by the waiter that I need to wait for about 90 minutes. The queue is equally long at the outlet at Parco. They have chairs outside but the queue is just too long. Always eat during off peak hours. I came back at 4pm and the waiting time was only 15 minutes. The short wait was well worth it. My brother and I ordered the large steak with extras. Rice, soup and salad is free flow. You will end up smelling like food you ate. Meals come with ice cream which is good after a hearty meal. I have had several Hamburg steaks in many parts of Japan and this is the best I have ever eaten.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank Hyppe
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Went there twice this month, consistent standard, really enjoy their burger steak. Grilled chicken can jsut give a miss.

Queue move very fast.

The place is abit smoky, so clothing will smell abit.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank dor66
Reviewed 13 January 2017

I never forgot this steak at Hakata. It is so good! I order L size steak and slice garlic. Slice cabbage and rice. can be okawari if you want to eat more. Steak stone is getting cold you call the staff change new. Staff helps it deI really recommend this sizzling steak if you like steak. Definitely you love it!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank famare
Reviewed 26 December 2016

In line with their name, "Kiwa - Ultimate" "Mi - Taste" "Ya - Place", this 20 seat restaurant offers you the ultimate tasty Hamburger Steak with may options.
First, you choose the size; S, M, L, L+, and you choose how it's cooked outside; "Sumibiyaki - Charcoal Grilled" or "Teppanyaki - Iron Plate", then you pick the sauce you want; Base Tare, Onion, Pink Salt, Ponzu, Egg, Wasabi, Soy..
When the hamburger steak comes out in a round ball shape, you get to cook it yourself per your taste on a sizzling round stone, much like KyuKatsu, as the inside is raw meat.
Make sure you put the provided paper apron as they'll be really sizzling.
With added JPY 300, you can make it a Set, including small Salad, Rice, Miso Soup, and Soft Ice Cream for desert.

It was really very tasty along with the fact it was such a fun cooking it yourself, beware there's always a long line waiting to get in..
I went there at 4:30 pm thinking there wouldn't be that many people around that time, but ended up getting in close to 6 pm..

Without the waiting, it'd be a great way to enjoy a lunch/dinner at around Hakata Station.

Date of visit: December 2016