All reviews hotel is centrally located comfortable stay water pressure tenjin station daimaru pajamas amenities shower floor
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This Hotel is centrally located in the Tenjin District of Fukuoka, making for easy access and allowing guests to walk to several of the famous food stalls and department stores that locate in the area. The hotel is less than one year’s old and the rooms are well modernity furnished. Though the rooms are “small” when compared with those in the nearby towns, should be described as adequate for the users. Normally breakfast is included and it is served in buffet style with good varieties for guests from different countries. The staff do provide good services. Recommended to be one of the good choices in this location.

Room Tip: Higher floors should be better for easy access to lifts in peak hours
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
montefuk, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monte Hermana Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you very much for your staying at our hotel,
and for your favorable review.
It really warms our hearts!
When you will come to our hotel next time ,
we look forward to serving and we hope we will see you again.

Hotel Monte Hermana FUKUOKA
Front desk zen

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Stay a total of 3 nights in standard twin. This was a pretty new hotel which is located around 10-15 mins walk from Tenjin Mistukoshi Dept.
The location is not perfect, even though a subway station is within 3 mins walking distance. But it is very accesible with buses - less than 10 mins ride from Hakata station. I also picked this hotel because there are a few quality cafes within 10 mins walk circle.
The hardware is good - decent size room, quiet air con, comfy bed.
There are laundry machines on the ground level.

Software (ie service) is not there yet. I stayed one night and left my luggage in the hotel upon check out. When i checked in again 2 days later, under normal circumstances, one would expect the luggauge would be inside the room already. However, thats not the case for me. I had to go back to reception to ask for suitcase. The lady i talked to was not able to understand English properly and the guy helped me check out obviously did not put remarks on its system. Eventually It took me almost 15 mins to get my suitcase back.
The hotel charges over jpy1500 for a buffet breakfast which included a mix of japanese and western food. I would say it is a bit pricey given its variety and avg tastes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I have a lot of respect for the Japanese people having worked here and stayed in their country for a length of time in the past. But this recent trip to fukuoka changed my perception of how respectful and and truthful they used to be.

Our families started planning this vacation 5 months prior and from the time of reserving for rooms in this hotel, it has been slow and repetitive in terms of having the need to ask the question again,.. The person named Kayashima was slow to react and confusing – so much so that I had to call them long distance on my dime to make sure that they have our room reservations accurately. Even after all the back and forth, we found discrepancies when wearrived. They were charging us for an extra day --- it’s a good thing I have an email to prove them wrong! Again there was no apology from Nakamura and Sakuray. How incompetent and unapologetic can one get?

When we were nearing the end of our vacation, I asked if we can have a late checkout for 2 hours, and they are charging us Yen1500 per hour - eventhough we booked 6 rooms for 6 days with the hotel. No consideration at all! A few days before our departure I booked a taxi at 4pm on out departure day. I even took a photo of the reservation. Guess what, they woke us up at 4AM to say our taxi is waiting! At this point their front desk people is looking very stupid. When confronted, nobody is owning the mistake and there was no apology from any of the front desk staff. Specially from a lady named Yoshi who took my reservation the previous day!

I have stayed in other properties in other cities and they are far from being this bad. This front desk people are the worst - and that is really bad by Japanese standards! A lot of frustration and disappointment. Will never go back!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Hotel is centrally located in Fukuoka, as usual I rented a car and drive to hotel. Upon arrival, hotel has a small car plot with the elevated hydraulic car park lift. Due to my large 7 seaters Nissan El Grand and staff said no way can use their machine car park. If anyone intends to park in the hotel, use a small Jap car. Hotel is typical small tiny in everything. Modern but doesn't feel comfortable in general. Breakfast is basic as it is provided when I booked.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel with car
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank hkgphilip
montefuk, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monte Hermana Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for reviewing us and we appreciate your feedback.
We are making improvements with our defects we appreciate your feedback on this areas.
Thank you for the variable advice.

Hotel monte helmana FUKUOKA

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We had an absolutely lovely overnight stay at the Monte Hermana -- in fact, my children wished they could stay even longer!! This hotel has EVERYTHING you need for a comfortable stay. It is ultra-clean, provides pajamas and complimentary bottled water, and best of all, the beds were sooooooo comfortable. We felt safe and relaxed. You must use your key card to access your floor, so there is an additional level of security. We stayed in a triple room, and felt that we had every amenity we needed.

Special thanks to the front desk staff, especially the young man working in the evening. He was efficient and so very helpful, communicating with us quite well in English. He noticed I needed help in the early morning with the coffee machine, and hurried over to assist. He represented the hotel quite nicely.

Highly recommended - we wish we had more time here!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your staying at our hotel,
and for your favorable review.
It really warms our hearts! Thank you so much.
When you will come to our hotel next time ,
we look forward to serving and we hope we will see you again.