All reviews south exit coin laundry japanese style rice shinkansen castle
Reviewed 14 December 2016

toyoko inns never seem to be different from place to place that you visit and this one is no different.

we were reading the google reviews on the way to the hotel by shinkansen and whoever wrote them had a very different experience. we were met by smiling friendly accomodating staff who helped us along very quickly and nicely.
they would greet us when we came in from eating or returned from visiting himeji itself.
all in all they were some of the friendlier staff i had encountered.

as with all toyoko inns, they serve up a breakfast. this one was as expected. rice and some cheap dishes thrown together. you can squeeze out a healthy enough meal from it but taste sometimes may be another thing.

we came with a baby and the breakfast staff offered to hold her while i got my food that was real nice!

area is real good, almost too much going on, we wandered for over an hour looking for food because there were too many options. beyond that, they're clearly trying to encourage a person to stay longer in the area too due to all the shopping available within meters of the station/hotel.

proximity to station is like 50m (mayyybe 100m)

if you check out before 10am and want to go see the castle, they will hold on to your bags for you for... who knows how long! we left them until 3pm or so, that was very nice.

rooms are tiny, but quiet, it's always a nice experience. would stay in toyoko inn again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My husband and I arrived at this Toyoko Inn very late in the evening, due to riding the shinkansen from Narita that evening. Needless to say, after an international flight from the US to Tokyo and a looooong train ride, we were tired! But the staff at Toyoko Inn were kind and helped me figure out that I had enough Toyoko Inn points to get a really reduced rate on our room!

I'm not a real fancy traveler, so the fact that you can accumulate points very fast, get great rates, and still have a really comfy hotel experience is top notch in my book. The location is very good, within walking distance to the station and Himeji Castle. We were able to visit Himeji, check out of the hotel, ride over to Kobe, and still be back in time to catch the train to Nagasaki in one (early start) day.

Seriously, you gotta sign up for their club card though, it's fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Toyoko Inn Himejieki Shinkansen Minamiguchi, like other Toyoko Inns, is very conveniently located. It is just 2 minutes' walk from JR station. It is also not far from Himeji Castle. The breakfast is complimentary.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2015

I stay at this hotel last week. Location of hotel is very good, it`s take around 2-3 minute by walk from Shinkansen Exit and the hotel can seen from station.
and staff st hotel is kindness and always offering help for you but their English is not quite good as I expected. I have communication problem with them many times
Hotel have a breakfast for every guest , OK. quality is according to price but problem is breakfast corner not have enough space for every guest to sit and enjoy food
And last problem is WI-FI. I stay at floor 2 but my phone and tablet can`t connect WI-FI of hotel in my room and sometimes lobby too!!!, It`s so annoying because I have to use internet for my work so I went to internet cafe nearby to use internet. So disappointing.
Conclusion: This hotel is suitable for guest who want to go to Himeji castle at morning because of the location and don`t want to spend money too much for hotel but you should bring simcard or Wi-Fi router with you if you want to use internet

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2015

I don't need luxury. Toyoko Inn has all the facilities I need at a very good price and the location is good. The staff is helpful and they speak English, which is a great help for us who don't speak Japanese. The location is amazing right next to the railway station. You just get off the train, leave the station and the hotel is right there.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo