All reviews recommend this hotel across the street minute walk jr station business hotel excellent location narita airport comfortable bed single room great price free wifi rm japan feet
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

I visited this hotel for one night solo, and enjoyed the clean and generous room amenities as well as the location to the station. The customer service, however, ruined my experience.

While the staff were not outright rude, on nearly every interaction I found them laughing at me before approaching them. Very unprofessional.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2015

The hotel is 1 min walk to the Utsunomiya JR train station, absolutely convenient location. We stayed at Deluxe Twin A Non Smoking Rm:35SqM(114.8SqFt), Bed width:160cm on the 12th floor and must say that this is relatively large size in Japanese room size. We are pleased with all the room conditions. You can get all coffee and tea and other stuffs from the lobby in front of lift and bring to your room which I think it's a good system. Many shops and all you need are at the station and around the hotel. Gyoza is very famous and the best in Japan here, a must to try, every shops are good we have tried many shops and many ways of cooking, all are great. They have free wifi.

Room Tip: go for the higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suvit2011
Reviewed 20 November 2014

The rate is attractive as is the location, but the room I was given was well worn. There were lots of scuff marks on all the exposed walls and stains on the carpet. The furniture's finish was worn through to the wood on the exposed edges. As typical of a Japanese business hotel, the unit bath had a high sill and low ceiling makes a near six-footer (183 cm) like me feel like stooping to fit. The flat screen TV was one of the smallest I've seen in quite a while, but that's was all that could fit on the tiny desk. That said, the mattress was comfortable, and the HVAC quiet, so a good nights sleep was possible.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2014

this Hotel was a great place to stay, as we were in town for the Moto GP, perfect location, central to transport, lots of good places too eat, as I said we were there purely for the race, so suited all of our needs.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel in recent years - both trips being business related.
Now, I'll be honest, Utsunomiya isn't much of a destination in iteslf. There's a large train station and a main street with some decent restaurants and a temple - but that's about it. Given that, the Chisun is well positioned as it is immediately outside the station and at one end of the main street.
The rooms were clean and comfortable but without frills. There was the usual hi-tech Japanese toilet and a decent bed. On the downside, the pillow (yes - just one) was lumpy and the bath wasn't really a bath at all. Certainly not long enough to lie in.
Down in the lobby, I seemed to notice a bit of an upgrade since my last stay. Definitely a little more upmarket. Staff were very pleasant - not fluent in English but we got by (my Japanese is non-existent). Breakfast was good - biased towards the Japanese style but westerners won't go hungry. The free wi-fi was great - very fast and never lost connection.
In summary, a perfectly decent hotel and at a very reasonable price (compared to it's immediate neighbours). Mainly business clientele but not exclusively.One point - we had to pay for our stay upfront - it's not uncommon in Japan but just so you know.

Room Tip: High is best but sound insulation is good anyway. I'm afraid all rooms smell of smoke - occupational hazard in Japan
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business