All reviews onsen hotel breakfast and dinner outdoor onsen yukata snow ryokan
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The resorts in Kinugawaonsen area may look a bit run down from the outside, but inside is another world completely. We received such a warm welcome here and stay in a lovely Japanese room. The outdoor onsen was in a superb setting and the food was exceptional. You need to allow more than 1 hour to do justice to breakfast alone!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helengray17
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I came here with my mother to have a nice break.
We really enjoyed our stay and food was very good and all stuff are very good and very kind . Traditional Japanese served in a dinner and breakfast in a dinner space. You wear lovely yukata .
We will going back next month and we couldn't wait .
We will highly recommend to everyone.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Satoko L
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This is a fairly up market onsen hotel. Modern and large but with charming traditional Japanese rooms and rituals.

The hotel has hot spring onsens which are relaxing. The accommodation includes dinner and breakfast; both traditional Japanese served in a dinner space. You wear your yukata and related dress to dinner. The meal was excellent. it is pretty pricey but for the experience worth one night.

Sadly the two that this place is in does not have much going for it so you just want one night and to pass though.

Room Tip: pay extra for the room with a view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I came here with my wife and daughter to have a break. I loved the time spent in this Ryokan. If you just want a relaxing time with your family, then I will highly recommend staying here for at least two nights. We took the option of having breakfast and dinner. The staff were very accommodating as we requested to have seafood meals only. The food was fine dining, outstanding variety and a real treat! The staff have very limited English so try to learn some survival sentences in Japanese. This hotel is literally two minutes walk from Kinugawa Koen station. We were given Yukata (Japanese clothes). It is a shame they don't have Yukata for babies.

The onsen was great. It has one pool, one Sauna room and an open bath. Please note especially if you are a foreigner if someone ask to take picture of you, immediately say no as I had an awkward moment with a freaking weirdo who ask to take picture of me then try to look at me while touching his genitals. I left and then he tried to follow me. I reported him to the reception staff but because the bath is open to public too, they couldn't do anything. So be aware of this kind of sick people, they can ruin your day!

Conclusion: this hotel is about 120000 Yen for 3 nights for two adults and one year old baby (they charged us 2700¥ for the baby each night!) but really worth it, you won't regret staying here.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I went to Hananoyado just for bathing. It costs only $10, and compared with some public baths in Tokyo, it is really inexpensive. Towels are provided. The only thing you need is to register your name and address at the reception. From the open-air bath (Roten Buro), you can enjoy a nice view of Kinugawa River.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo