“Simply The Best! ”

Gora Brewery & Grill
Ranked #2 of 473 Restaurants in Hakone-machi
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 100
Description: Our restaurant is in collaboration with super chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa. He is one of the most popular chef in the world. Please enjoy NOBU style food & craft beer.
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Do not miss this restaurant! If you can get a seat at the bar go for it! Everything on the menu was amazing, watching the chefs prepare it in front of you is such a treat.

We ate here twice and the food was off the chart! Great wine list would recommend the Kendall Jackson Reisling with your food.

Really don’t miss this absolute gem

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Got to Gora at lunch time and spotted a sign for this place by the station. The craft brewery was attractive so we thought we'd give it a try. In fact we were a little early as it didn't open until 1pm. Despite the fact that we were waiting outside the staff gave priority entry to those who had booked but after a few minutes let us in and settled us at a nice table.

Lovely view out the back to the garden and those who had booked had ringside seats to watch the chefs prepare the food. Thought the food was very expensive if you were eating a full meal so we ordered a selection of light bites / appetizers. Some of the portions were tiny (particularly the cheese) but all of it was delicious.

Service was good but one of our orders did take a long time to arrive.

1  Thank HUNTINGPARTY
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We were lucky enough to be seated at the bar, where we were in full view of the chefs working. It was amazing to watch your order being prepared and cooked right in front of us. My husband had steak and I had sushi...just delicious! It was quite busy and it took a couple of times to get the waiters attention for more drink, but we were fine with that. We also loved the décor of the restaurant, huge tree trunk as supports. We had three courses with wine and our bill was about £100. I would highly recommend this restaurant and suggest you book ahead.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

To say that I was pleased with the beer is an understatement. During my two hours at Gora brewing I enjoyed a brilliant weizen Bier, a slightly sweet and toasty stout, and a Northeast style IPA. The beers were perfectly balanced with a subtle effervescence that allowed one to pair each beer with their perfectly cooked plates. I HIGHLY recommend this for any one that loves beer... Oh did I mention that the food is NOBU style!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We found the atmosphere and beer were impressive but the food was average for the price. The service was where it fell apart.

The waiters were inattentive and one appeared inebriated. After dinner my family and I were enjoying the foot onsen and one of the brewers opened the adjoining door and pressed my wife and I off the bench without so much as an 'excuse me'. This was an expensive meal for us and we expected to be treated respectfully, especially in a restaurant bearing Nobuyuki Matsuhisa's name.