All reviews no shoes cable car private onsen your table is ready restaurant serving tatami area right hand side buffet breakfast open air bath and vice versa cedar wood wagyu steak japanese socks quiet room huge room reception staff modern hotel
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

It is a beautiful hôtel, clean and peaceful.
We had a room with western beds but Japanese private onsen on the balcony. The best relaxing experience.
There are Yucatas in the room as well as complimentary pairs of Japanese socks (with separate big toe) as you cannot walk with shoes in the hotel even the dining room. You can wear Yucata at the dining room..

The breakfast is very good, both traditional and western type.

4 stars and bit 5 in my review is for those 2 points :
1) After visiting the rest of Japan And having many wonderful dinners and lunches, I can now say that the dinner is average in quality for the high price you pay. I had better Wagyu steak in Japan than at this hotel. And I think the chef is still in the 90 style of cuisine with big plate little food services...the vegetables were almost absent in the plate : half a Brussels sprouts really!!!

2) I love the idea of no shoes policy - respect of the tradition and the hotel floors stay clean but at breakfast having customers barefoot (no socks) at the buffet and sitting next to me with gross feet was unpleasant and not hygienic I think. See pictures!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We couldn't fault this delightful establishment. We enjoyed the western style room and it was extremely comfortable. Our booking included breakfast and dinner and the food was beautiful. But after a long and tiring day of sightseeing, the highlight was the Onsen; everyone should partake.

Room Tip: We would always choose western style twin beds.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank derek t
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed 3 nights here. The hotel was lovely, very traditional Japanese, which means shoes off at the door, they supply a locker for you to put them in and in your bedroom they supply socks for you to wear around the hotel and also Kimonos which you can wear to the restaurant.. We chose the western style room which meant we had a western style bed, and bathroom. Our room was huge, but the seating in the room was traditional, which meant, bean bags and cushions on the floor, easy to get in, hard to get out of when you are a little older like my husband and I. One thing they did not mention in the instructions on how to get to the Hotel, if you do not have a car was when you catch the cable-car to Naka Gora station make sure that you get out on the right hand side doors, if not you end up like us on the incorrect side and the only way to get across is to wait for the next cable car and hop into the car and out the other side. Once on the correct side you walk down to the end of the street, turn right and the Hotel is right there. There is no local restaurants around so if you are not eating at the hotel restaurant you need to go down to Gora via the cable care which I believe stops round 7 pm. Dinner in the restaurant is lovely although you do have to choose from a few options of 5 course menu's, round 5,000 yen per head. We had the most beautiful Wagyu steak, you have to pay extra for this, which we did, but when we had it on the 3rd night we noticed that the price for it had gone up quite a lot which we thought was odd. i recommend that you buy an Hakone Free-pass for your stay which included the cable car, ropeway, trains, buses and the ship on Lake Asti, it also gives you discounts at some of the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yastewart
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We stayed here for three days and two nights. The room was clean and neat, and there were yukatas and socks in the closet to wear when walking around the hotel. We had a private onsen outside of our room (on the balcony) which was really great to have and use.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

酒店很大,很舒適,洗手間非常現代化。
但碰到的兩位員工服務非常差,可能因為見到我們是中國人?以下事件令我非常不開心:
首先是Check in 人員態度一點也不友善:1) 2:45分Check in後,語氣不友善地說未夠3:00,要我們3:00後回去Counter 找她, 完全沒有意識要召呼叫我們在大廳休息坐底等候。
2)她叫我們選擇晚餐時間,只有5:00/5:30/6:00, 我說我未能趕及,她只說其他打後的時間已Fully booked。
但酒店完全沒有提早通知我們要做prebooking for dinner.
經投訴後,才能更改至8:00, 我問為什麼她一早沒告訴我們,她不但沒有認錯,還再一次說因為busy time of Resturant, what kind of explanation?!

但晚餐我們並不好過,她的男同伴在召呼我們晚餐,但態度也是非常差。對其他遲我們用餐的room guest態度也不同。所有食物沒介紹,Even i ask, he is not willing to explain me details at all. Only showing me his annoying.

i really got upset of their attitude and thinking if this is discrimination to Chinese?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple