All reviews bamboo forest public onsen the bus wash basin in the room breakfast and dinner ping pong table normal height without breaking the bank odawara station every single dish kids meals onsen experience would recommend this hotel to anyone typical japanese style private shower large room ryokan hotel
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my boyfriend one night at the end of October in the deluxe room with tahini area. Arrived before 3pm and were able to leave our luggage before checking in and explore the town. We went on the pirate boat tour and cable cart. Amazing!
Came back to the hotel, just before the 6.30pm dinner. We were sited in the private room with a wonderful spread of traditional Japanese meal.
After dinner, we head over to the private onsen that we reserved for 3000 ten at check in. What an experience! I highly recommend. We went back to our room and slept like rocks.
In the morning we had a great traditional Japanese breakfast before checking out at 10am.
Every single person at this hotel was very accommodating and spoke good English.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_world_with_me
Mount_View_Hakone, お客様担当マネージャー at Mount View Hakone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you for your visit.
It's our pleasure to let you feel satisfied with our rooms , meal and hot springs.

If the White Onsen Nigoriyu that could be the page of your memory, we will feel proud of it.
The red leaves, Sakura and verdancy are even more unique than other places.

We would like to invite you to enjoy the scenery of Hakone for each season.

Mount view Hakone staff look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Stayed 3 nights and what an experience. Staff were great from showing us how to tie our summer kimonos properly to wear for dinner, to what bus to catch.
The food is simply amazing, I counted 10 dishes prepared for us for breakfast. (no it wasn't a buffet). Great location, with sights within walking distance. Truly memorable.

2  Thank JenbNZ

Thank you very much for using our hotel.
You can enjoy the "Nigori hot water" boasted at our hotel slowly,
We are very pleased as well.

Also, Japanese cuisine, tatami mats, yukata and Japanese culture experience
I think that it was memorized as memories of travel.

If there is a chance, please come by all means again.
All the staff are waiting from the bottom of my heart.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Mount View Hakone during a recent visit to the region.

The hotel itself is a traditional ryokan, which is why we had picked it initially and we were not disappointed by our choice!

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff who checked us in swiftly and escorted us to our third floor room. There were we given a small walk through explaining the features of the room, which included bamboo mat floors, a low table for tea, and an additional small seating area. The room was large, not just by Japanese standards and the beds were traditional Japanese futons on the floor. One thing of note, our room included only a toilet and washbasin, no private bath or shower, though you were given near 24/7 access to the public bath on the lower level. We knew this in advance and we're happy for the public bath/onsen experience, which I'll talk about more later.

Also during this room tour, we were measured for our yukata, which is able to be worn both in your room, during meals and through out the hotel. We were also shown how to properly wear and tie the yukata, which I found very interesting.

The package that we booked included both breakfast and dinner. These meals were amongst the best of our trip and I cannot recommend participating in these during your stay highly enough. The servings are HUGE. Never could we finish everything put in front of us! While I didn't love every single dish, I was grateful for the experience to try so many different dishes, all of which had been so thoughtfully prepared and the table settings...wow.

Also at this property as I mentioned above are traditional onsens. The hotel has both a male, female and family public bath, as well as three private bathes that can be booked. As with most other public baths tattoos are not permitted. I have a small script tattoo on my left ribcage, which I was able to cover with a bandaid discreetly, and faced no issues. (I'd confirmed with the hotel in advance!) However, even though the public onsen was very nice on its own, we decided to pay the additional fee and book an hour in the private onsen for our last night. Of the three KAGUYA, is the biggest and we chose to book it for an additional 3000 yen. It was absolutely worth the price and a nice experience to end on.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hakone. It is also very conveniently on the T bus line, which is a very easy central route in this area.

Room tip: Try the Japanese style room!!
3  Thank _AliCar3_

Thank you for your visit.
The transportation from Haneda to Mount View Hakone is very convenient.
This is also the reson we are famous for.
To tell the truth,what we are famous for is the White mutifunctional Onsen.Except this, private bath or public bath are both recommendable.
Wear the Yukata to have meal or relax at room should be an enjoyable memories of your journey.
we are grateful to have this kind of memories with you.
if you have chance to visit Japan again, you are welcomed to Mount View Hakone.
Mount view hakone staff is looking forward to your visit

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This traditional ryokan hotel is literally amazing. The rooms are spacious (which is not a given in Japan), clean and comfortable. As soon as you get there a lovely japanese lady brings you to your room and shows you how to wear the kimono (that you’ll wear to dinner and breakfast). The traditional japanese dinner was held in a private room for each guest and was exceptional. You can get a taste of high quality Japanese cuisine. The breakfast was also incredible and quite big! They have both an indoor and outdoor onsen (see photo). We reserved the outdoor onsen for 3000 yen, which was so relaxing and special, it was the perfect relaxing night in hakone. Although this hotel is obviously more pricey than others it is worth every penny. We highly recommend it, not just as a hotel but as a whole experience!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for using our hotel.
You can enjoy the "Nigori hot water" boasted at our hotel slowly,
We are very pleased as well.

Also, Japanese cuisine, tatami mats, yukata and Japanese culture experience
I think that it was memorized as memories of travel.

If there is a chance, please come by all means again.
All the staff are waiting from the bottom of my heart.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Loved the baths, what a great way to unwind! Well located; we traveled to/from on the bus and used the local bus for sightseeing.

The room was big, the mattresses (on the floor) super-comfortable.

The staff is very friendly and informative.

We ate the set price meal for dinner one night - wonderful! You have to like Japanese food though.

Get the Hakone Free Pass - it will save you $$ if you do the Lake Ashi boat, ropeway and bus.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Lou S
Mount_View_Hakone, お客様担当マネージャー at Mount View Hakone, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your stay.
We are thankful that you are satisfied with our White Onsen.
Hakone is more traditional than Tokyo and Kyoto.
We are pleased that you could enjoy the Japanese traditinal Onsen, meals and Ryokan culture.
Welcome to Japan again if you have any chance.
Mount View Hakone staff are looking forward to your visit