“One of the Best, and absolutely addicting!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta

Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels / Ryokan in Urayasu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“One of the Best, and absolutely addicting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Stayed here for the first time almost 8 years ago. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were in awe. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and there was always "service with a smile" and a polite bow.

At first, we were a bit worried about the language barrier, but were soon put at ease by the fact that not only was our front desk cast member fluent in english, but the girl that helped us with our bags knew english as well.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and had fun Disney touches hidden in everything from the bedding, to the wallpapers and bathroom doors. As the theme of the hotel was an italian seaport kind of thing, there was a pinocchio theme going on in the with the wallpapers, and decor.

We were given complimentary resort monorail passes for use during our stay and early entry into the parks. We loved having our own entrance into Tokyo Disney Sea and how easy it was to hop on the monorail at the park to go to Disneyland or to the shopping area.

It was so much fun, the staff was so friendly and helpful, that we've since told our friends and family about this hotel. It is a MUST when going to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Since our first stay, we've been back at least 4 times, and almost always to the Miracosta. We have become addicted to this fabulous hotel for it's charm, friendly cast, and more than comfortable accomodations.

So if you're going to Tokyo Disney.. You gotta stay here.. absolutely must!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Wembley808
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

This hotel is my family's favorite in all Disney!! The hotel is very clean, excellent in maintaining and the staff are always courteous. We have stayed in this hotel every year since it opened and we will continue to come back again! The breakfast buffet is delious and the down below the elevator, there is Tokyo Disney Sea park!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AlohaGiselle
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

First, I begin with these sentence
This is an Italian theme hotel and the decoration is acceptable. Some people compare this Hotel to another Italian Hotel and please this is a Disney Hotel and we are in Tokyo, not in Italy. Finding a luxury hotel with the decoration like this is not EASY in a modern city like Tokyo.
I booked this hotel via the phone because I needed a King bed. And booking via telephone will offer u more room categories than on the Internet. They had good English speaker but sometime it's not easy to understand.
Booking at Miracosta is quite easy than I thought. The difficult thing is the line usually get busy. After someone hear your call, this will be fine. U should check the room categories on the website first, so it will be easy for u to talk via the phone. When u give all your information, they will give you a booking number. THAT'S ALL. U don't need to guarantee your credit card. That's all, just come to the hotel.
I arrived at Tokyo at 6am and came to Miracosta at 8am. This is my last time and I wont arrive at this time anymore. The Hotel only allow you to receive the room after 3:00pm, not 2:59pm. When I arrived, there was only 1 people can speak English, but most of them could listen to English and they could answer you by body language. They told me there was 2 option:
First: U check in now and I will give u the room key and it will work at 4:30
Or, Second: Comeback at the front desk at 2:45pm an check in, then go to your room.
So I choose the second option.
I stayed there 2 nights from 18 July.
The one thing that I mostly disappointed is that they reduce the lights and air-con for saving electricity. I know that Tokyo is lake of electricity now. BUT this is a 5 stars Hotel. I don't want to see guests sit on the lobby with a fan on each. The lobby is small and the ceiling is high. It creates a feeling that I cant breath, plus with no air-conditioning. They kept warm at all shops and some restaurants. Inside the attractions, it was better but it was still hot. Only in the fine dining restaurants, they run the air normally. After 2 days, I moved to Sheraton Grande and they run the air-conditioning like I in the fridge. That why I got angry hehe ^^
I enjoy the park (TDS) from its opening time until 2:45pm Haha.... It looked like I just went to swimming. All sweat.... So no photos on that day, only lanscape. Anyway, Tokyo DisneySea is so beautiful and wonderful. I can't ask for anything better. It's awesome.
After received the room, it seemed bigger than i thought, and also look nicer than I though, because some photos I saw in Tripadvisor that they usually use Flash so it did not bring the true color.
My room was located on Venice side, but near the pool. I did not hear any park music from this room because it located on the highest floor and near the pool. I didn't like it. But it is the best choice for people who don't want to be erupted by the park music.
The service is OK, they don't have fruit in room.... HKDL Hotel does have.
Finally, I have some photos and hope that u guys who want to stay at this Hotel can take a look at this. ^^

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DuyAnh92
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

With the start of “Summer-5” passport, with which visitors can enjoy all the attractions after 5 pm, we visited Tokyo Disney Sea Resort to enjoy a stay in the “in-venue” hotel of Mira Costa ( rather than to enjoy the amusement park itself ). It is a bit unfortunate for us that the port side rooms, where you can watch the Disney shows performed in the ‘ocean’ in front, were fully booked, however, the Venetian side where we stayed, provided us with more-than-expected views overlooking the canal, Italian gondola, and a bit of the American Water Front section. You would better note, when you make reservation, that, due to the complicated shape of the hotel building, views from each rooms could differ a lot even when you stay at rooms of the same category.

Although we cannot say that our room is spacious, we like the Italian heart-warming atmosphere of interior, in witch it will be a fun to find the “hidden” Disney characters in the pattern of carpets, walls, ceilings and even in the furniture carvings. Its bath room is made in Japanese style with long and wide soaking tubs and bathing bath floor. We, Onsen lovers, prefer this style as it is more relaxing .

The accommodation will cost you at such level as you stay at the 5-star hotels in the central Tokyo, however, the customers are totally different from those who uses such hotels. Even in the main lobby, there are the bustles of parks of families with kids, young couples and tourist groups. Please, therefore, keep in mind that this is but a part of amusement park not 5-star hotel in Tokyo. But friendly service of hotel staffs will make you feel that you are among the cheerful Disney characters.

As for its restaurants, we enjoyed its Bella Vista Lounge overlooking the “ocean” except its a bit salty tastes of foods. If you, therefore, like to experience in-hotel amusements, you may slightly disappointed with the fact that number of restaurants are limited and reservation system is not always available. But again, you would better keep in mind that this is a part of the Disney Sea Park.
With this way of understanding, you will find such advantages that you can enjoy the amusement park to the very last moment and to get in there about 15 minutes earlier than the other visitors from outside. It is, thus, the most recommendable hotel for Disney fans, however, even for hotel visitors like us, there is still something exciting and fun that you cannot find in the most of 5-star city hotels in big cities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank chocolate_Library
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

We had a great, but short, visit to the Miracosta at Disney Sea. Hotel was beautiful and location was fantastic (early access to the park via a staircase strait into the park!). The only problem was booking limitation of maximum four persons per room. We, unfortunately, have a family of five. Given the strict four person only rule and the general size of hotel rooms in the Tokyo area, we were amazed at just how large the room was when we got in. With two double beds, a trundle bed and a fold out sofa, it could easily fit 5 or 6. Anyhow, just know that the rooms are very large, although they won't let you officially book more than four people in one.
Also, although I thought our room, which was on second floor directly over the park near hotel's park entrance, would be noisy, it was very quiet and no problem sleeping.
Would definitely return and recommend!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family