All reviews within walking distance junior suite nice canal view take pictures beer factory top floor perfect stay pay yen room facing sushi restaurant rooms are small excellent hotel glass museum buffet style hokkaido trip hotel room shopping street
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Just 5 mins walk to Otaru canal. Car parking provided at ¥1000 per night, shelve parking. So interesting! We happen to left something in the car and have get it. Went in and saw all the cars shelves above. Very convenient they just bring the car to level 1. Anyway parking cost is very reasonable as we parked somewhere near LeTao main store to grab some goodies for approximately 2 hours and it cost us ¥2000!!! Just park in Otaru Nord Hotel and walk around. The location is great!
Check out the view in my room! Facilities are good considering the price. I like the double sink toilet. Very convenient for couples.
Will come back to this hotel again if I visit Otaru. Most probably will check out other branches in Japan.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashlynn A
OtaruNord, frnt at Hotel Nord Otaru, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
We are so happy to hear that you like our hotel and room.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

My family (2 adults and 2 young kids) stayed in the Hotel Nord Otaru for two nights in the third week of July. Our car was parked inside the hotel multi-storey carpark with a charge of 1000 yen per day. As noticed only limited spaces were available. Some hotel staff commanded effective English and all of them were helpful. The hotel building was a prominent Western-style structure next to the Otaru Canal and its location was indeed perfect. The major attractions were within the walking distance. We used a junior suite that contained four beds (one of them was a sofa bed). After installing the sofa beds, little spaces were left for our lugguage. Nevertheless the beds were really comfortable. The room offered a city view. It was absolutely clean and quiet. All street sounds were totally insulted. Nothing was heard from neighboring rooms. The room had two toilets and two washbasins. The room interiors seemed to be recently renovated and everything were absolutely clean and new. The hotel buffet breakfast served great choices of western and Japanese food, and it was one of the best in my Hokkaido trip in terms of its food varieties, presentations, freshness, and venue (that gave a direct view over the Otaru Canal!). In short, the hotel location, room setting, and breakfast all warranted the highest rating. I definitely recommend Hotel Nord Otaru to all kinds of travelers who seek for a perfect stay at the iconic centre of Otaru.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
OtaruNord, Front at Hotel Nord Otaru, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
We are so glad to hear that you like the room and breakfast.
We have more bigger room in our hotel.
Could you please make a reservation with that room next time.
Thank you very much for your rating.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

the welcome, check in was good but the room was extremely basic, very small and we could only open the suitcases one at a time by putting them on the small coffee table. Bathroom very basic. Buffet breakfast was meagre. The nice thing was the top floor bar with good views. Centrally located to walk the small town.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OtaruNord, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Nord Otaru, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018

The hotel is opposite the North Canal the main tourist attraction. It is within walking distance of the Visitors Centre and some great eateries. The staff speak little English but you can get yourself understood. The only disappointment was I arrived on a Sunday late, around 6pm, tired after spending 24 hours in planes and airports, they did not have a restaurant open for me to enjoy a quick meal and head back to my room. I had to go out and find somewhere. Luckily there was a Sushi restaurant next door which was very good and I did not have to walk far to get a meal.

Room tip: I was on the fifth floor and it was relatively quiet. I had a great view of the canal and harbour from my window.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OtaruNord, Front at Hotel Nord Otaru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
However we are so sorry we do Not have the restaurant on Dinner time.
We are happy to hear that you like the Sushi restaurant "Kitahama".
We will make an effort to speak English.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Disclaimer: This is entirely based on our own experience and observation.

The 2 women with bobbed hair at the front desk totally ignored us even though we greeted them (from what I could see, other foreigners who were chinese) and were super friendly to Japanese guests.

Attaching photos of carpets at corners of the room. Is this level of crusted dust in the carpet acceptable to you for the price you pay? Try other hotels in Otaru. We stayed in 2 others before & they were super friendly and hospitable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LoChin73
OtaruNord, 支配人 at Hotel Nord Otaru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Nord Otaru.
Please accept my sincere apologies for a great deal of discomfort caused by the behavior of our staff and the insufficient room preparation, despite the fact that you chose our hotel among many others for your stay.
It is our duty to be alert and operate with the sense of hospitality when welcoming and communicating with the guests.
Front desk staff shall not act in any way that may be seen as inappropriate.
I, as the manager of the hotel, apologize for your unpleasant experience.
I will provide a proper guidance to all of our staff. Also instructions will be given to our housekeepers to ensure that the rooms are in satisfactory conditions before the guests check in.
Taking your feedback into consideration, we will strive to improve our service to provide our guests with more comfortable accommodation.
We appreciate you taking the time to write to us, and sincerely hope to see you again at our hotel.
Sincerely, Yuki Dobashi, Manager, Hotel Nord Otaru