See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This is quite a large onsen hotel and not the traditional ryokan. Service is good and the room (Western style) is of good size. I stayed for two nights and the dinner of the second night was better than that of the first night, not sure if it was because I paid a higher rate for the second night. To walk to the JR station would take 15 mins but a bus stop outside the hotel will take you to every location you want to reach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I stayed 1 night in the town to have a site visit on a solar farm located near this town. When I first got off the Yuda onsen train station I thought it was very small city then there should be just small inns. However I found this hotel and spent very pleasant night. It was quite large compared to the city and all the facilities including onsen spa looked a bit old but very clean and efficient. The breakfast was traditional Jap sytle and that was very nice. It offered large parking lot as well. The room was large and ryokan style, but it costed very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We are with a group tour. Quiet tatami room at end of the hall way. Excellent food. Clean bathroom. The comforter does not have an additional cover. I am not sure if it is completely fresh. (Later when we were at other Japanese style hotel, the comforter has a cover). I used the bathtub with hot water in the bathroom, not Onsen. My husband used the public onsen. He could not tell the difference. A couple in our group paid extra for a private onsen with no comment. I do not think Japanese will ever change their onsen (naked) policy. I am shy. Next life.

The windows are Japanese style and light will come through, so I wear eye mask to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Good location, just 10 minute walk to JR Yuda Onsen station, then 10 minute ride into Shin Yamaguchi station with access to bullet trains. Stores and restaurants nearby. Smoke smell in lobby and room minimal. Lovely traditional Japanese room with good size bathroom, refrigerator, and tea service. The dinners were outstanding at our assigned restaurant Kaentei. Friendly server spoke some English and could explain delicious traditional Japanese ingredients and preparation.

Staff is friendly, could communicate even though we spoke no Japanese and staff very little English. Staff made sure to know our dinner time so they could bring out our sleeping mats and our breakfast time so they could put them away and set up the table and seating mats. Had TV, but WiFi did not work. The hot springs public baths were relaxing after long days touring. Helpful signs illustrated Onsen bathing etiquette. Would stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Location
Good. You will find convenience stores, restaurants, pubs, souvenir shops easily.
Room
Good and clean. You mainly stay at typical Japanese style rooms. As for me, there are two bottles of mineral water for free.
Bath
Very good. Large and clean. The temperature of the water is a little hot.
Hotel clerks
Good. Kind and polite. I don’t know whether English is available or not.
Dishes
Very good. You can enjoy nice Japanese cuisine. In this region, blowfish is a local specialty and you can eat every blowfish meal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends