See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Well positioned in the old center of the town this hotel has taken the place of an historical textile factory, perfectly restored. The rooms are larger than the average Japanese ones, well equipped and perfectly kept. Do not miss the traditional common bath (Ofuro). The restaurant serves classic Japanese meals of high standard, a suggested alternative to several other places in the surroundings. The staff, although not everyone speaks other languages more than Japanese, is helpful and efficient. (They were able to forward me in one day to Tokyo a battery charger that I forgot in my room, for less than 7 Dollars of fast courier service).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2016

The location of the hotel itself is interesting- right in the historical district.

Unfortunately, that's about the only thing it has going on right now. The rooms are clearly well worn, the carpet etc. is stained and in need of replacement, both in the rooms and around the hotel itself. AC worked great, and I didn't notice any odd smells, and the rooms were clean outside of the worn carpets and old wallpaper/paint.

At the price I paid (less than the business hotels in the area) and with my interest in being in the historical district for a night, it was worth it. If that location isn't important to you, I'd go somewhere else until they do some basic renovations.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel leads directly into historical district.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Disappointed...
Was expecting something special however rooms very dated ..carpets need cleaning and rooms very small for the price paid..
It's disappointing as the history attached to the hotel is interesting, unfortunately the guest rooms certainly need updating from that period.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2016

The hotel is made from a converted factory - the external and communal areas of the hotel are very pleasant.

We stayed in a twin room, which was small, but adequate.

The rooms are a little bit tired, but given the location to the sights it was very acceptable and reasonable.

Breakfast the next morning was standard for a hotel in Japan - there were not any stand out points, but also there wasn't anything that was lacking.

I was not able to spend any time in the bar in the basement, although by all accounts it looks like a nice place to unwind after a day of sightseeing.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2015

Simply speaking Here is very nice hotel.
Because accomodation's price was comparable cheeper,
I did'nt expect servies and facility of the hotel.But I found out my thinking was wrong as soon as I got here.Not gougeous and luxurious but simple and good tasteful and friendly enviroment.
This hotel renovated from old factory has basic facility, amenity and good location for sightseeing.Then there are many good spots to be taken photos in hotel ,so you can enjoy staying even if you coming alone.
I love it.I ll stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo