All reviews free ramen top floor across the street train station public bath hot bath great onsen family mart excellent location old town historical area business hotel rooms are clean pleasant surprise place to stay offer free noodles
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Dormy Inns before and found them quite ok. This one was as well. Fair market price for a business/tour group hotel. Excellent location very close to "old town" and Ohara Museum. Has an onsen in the hotel as well as a restaurant but we used neither. Many restaurants nearby. Easy to get to by car or train. Recommended for basic, clean, reliable accommodation, but it ain't the Ritz.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
天然温泉阿智の湯ドーミーイン倉敷, フロント at Dormy Inn Kurashiki, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time & sharing your precious feedback.
Such kind of feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.
It gives me immense pleasure to read that you had an amazing time during your stay and thoroughly enjoyed our services and amenities of the hotel.
We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back to Dormy Inn Kurashiki once again.

Nishida
Front reception

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Located near the historical quarter, Dormy Inn is just a perfect hotel with reasonable price. Although it is inside a modern building, there is a nice onsen (hot spring bath) at the highest floor which is absolutely nice. Staffs are helpful and polite. And of course, don't miss its free Ramen when you feel hungry at night.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Dormy Inn is your standard Japanese business hotel. My rating would be above average rather than very good. As compared to other hotels on our trip it rated higher than 3 but to my mind didn't quite make 4. Rooms were a standard size and the bathrooms were fine. Cleanliness was fine on arrival and high standards were maintained over our three night stay. I can't comment on the free Ramen, as I eat too much when I travel in Japan anyway and I certainly didn't need a fourth meal for the day. The breakfast buffet offered a good range of mostly Japanese staples, the croissants and pastries were best avoided although there are dietary advantages of that. One bonus in this hotel is the coffee machine in the foyer which was sophisticated enough to grind fresh beans so given the dearth of good coffee in Japan this was very welcome. I would happily eat a totally Japanese diet, even including natto, the rest of my life but do need my coffee fix. I must say that it was reassuring that the small seat in the lift can be used as a toilet in emergencies as well as containing survival gear. I shouldn't speak humorously of what is a very sensible arrangement, but Japan still has the power to astound, amaze and indeed amuse me. As others have noted the hotel is located adjacent to the historical area of the city and as such is a great base for your stay. The laundry on the top floor was cheap and useful and in response to the reviewer who questioned the need to get the key from reception, the keys were so you could lock the machines while you were using them, not unlock ones that weren't being used.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 21 October 2016

High standard as other Dormy Inns I stayed before in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyushu and Hokkaido. The hotel offers great public bath, free noodles at night and free wifi. Paid breakfast is good. Paid car park is located next to the hotel. This hotel chain has been my 1st choice if I stay inside city of Japan.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Location is a good 10 minutes from station. Great restaurant across entrance of hotel.
Breakfast is ok but mainly catering for Japanese guests, as it is most at the times in Japan, a small section is available for Westerners.

Date of stay: October 2016