“Great food!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

I have tried nearly everything on the menu. This place has great food. Very fresh. We use coupons when we come here. But have never left disappointed . It can be a little pricey but again the quality of the food seems worth it. I have recently mastered the art of smoking my own eggplant which is bad for this place because that is one of my favorite dishes. If your not into lamb or eggplant or falafel then I recommend the souvlaki . Chicken or beef both excellent.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Fairly average Mediterranean food. Ordered Fatoush which came with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, toasted pita and very good lemon vinagarette dressing. We added falafel to that order for a reasonable cost. Falafels were just fair. They had an unusual taste which masked the flavor of the chic peas...we've had better. Instead of grilled chicken, we ordered a side order of schwarma which was very good. An order of hummus came with one "grilled" pita but since there were two of us, we asked for an extra pita. We also asked for some feta and olives for the Fatoush. What really was disappointing was the cost of these "extras"...$1.50 for a very small amount of feta, $1.50 for about 8 olives, $1.00 for the pita, and $.50 for tahini. Really? Those charges seemed really petty. Our server was very good and very attentive. When we questioned her about the extra charges, she was apologetic but said that was the policy of the restaurant. Anyway, I probably will not come back. There are a few really good Mediterranean restaurants in the area, including a newer one that recently opened in Niagara Falls so I have choices. The falafels at the Falafel Bar just didn't do it for me and the costs were disappointing.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

We went there as a family in late evening. It was close to its closing time.
We checked the menu to see if we can eat something. It seemed to be a restaurant with Mediterranean however some of their product has interestingly beer in that.
We asked to have a menu that does not have any meat and alcohol. The guy(Andrew) came to serve us did not have any clue about food restriction.
We asked 3 lentil soups and Maza
When they brought the soup the it was like a vegetable soup and Mixed of eventing. They did not have anything served with the soup. When I asked for a bread he told me that the Maza menu comes weigh 3 pitta breads. While we are eating the soups I asled breads and he brought 3 more extra breads.
The taste was very spicy and we really had hard time rating that.
When we asked the check they already added $3 for sliced of bread. When I asked the guy why the soup does not come with bread, he responded me rudely that they may have it other where but we are not doing This here.
I am not into the money but the guy's(Andrew)response was very rude. He did not stop to check how we are doing. He chatted with other customers and did not Treat us. His service was such poor and rude. I don't recommend you going there.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I have been to Falafel Bar many times and thoroughly enjoyed my meal each time! They have delicious food, a great menu and friendly service. The food comes out pretty quickly, which is convenient for a lunch break.

After trying several different items, I would recommend the following (in no particular order):

*Shawarma
*The Three Sisters wrap: Hummus, gyro & fried eggplant with tomato and tahini
*The Cigars: Spiced ground beef wrapped in phyllo dough, served with herbed tahini
*The Tzatziki appetizer with fresh wheat pita
*Falafel (duh)
*The Spanikopita with a side salad

The food is always served hot and perfectly spiced. The sauces are homemade. Anything made with phyllo dough is light and flaky. The prices are also very reasonable. I've only been to Falafel Bar for lunch, but they have a nice bar and seating area that looks ideal for late night drinks and appetizers.

If you are looking to check this place out, but are worried about bringing a picky eater, they have some menu items for those who are feeling less adventurous (chicken fingers, fish fry and a kid's menu).

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Food continues to be competently prepared. I had a falafal sandwich with house made cheese, fried eggplant in a pita. The house made green hot sauce is great. $7.25. A mezzanine platter for $10 allows you to select your favorites (I really love the babaganoush. ..good a smoky and garlicky. A app of falafal with cool yogurt/cucumber was delicious. I had the frozen dessert made with sesame paste..a steal at $3.99. Please ask them not to squirt chocolate sauce on it...ruined it for me.
My major observation is this restaurant needs some love. The patio (closed on a beautiful afternoon) looked neglected with broken sun umbrellas and beat up plastic chairs. The inside, while clean, shows wear. The wooden chairs and stools are all marred and scratched, the back bar is a board mounted on the wall with a couple of dollar brackets. The paper towels in the men's room don't fit the dispenser. The very visible coat room was full of carelessly placed items, including Christmas decorations hanging out of their containers. It is off putting...if they are careless with the front of the house, how serious can they be in the back?

Been to Falafel Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK