Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
TributePortfolio
US$ 145
Staybridge.com
US$ 147
Comfort Inn University(Amherst)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
ExtendedStay
US$ 72
US$ 69
Red Roof
All reviewsbasketball courtliving roomcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenhome away from homefull kitchenoff the highwaynice breakfasthard boiled eggspull out couchcomfortable roomsbreakfast stafffitness centerbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againoatmealwaffle maker
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We are originally from New York State and now live in Michigan and have relatives in Niagara Falls and Syracuse, NY so always stay at this hotel the night in between. Have never had a bad experience. Staff is always friendly and extremely helpful to please. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Love the hot breakfast on "real dishes" also! This "Homewood" Suites really does live up to its name - they do everything they can to make it feel like "home". I have tended to notice that when I stay at other hotels, I tend to use my experience here as a standard for rating my experiences at other properties. Some do but it feels like a lot of hotels have a lot to aspire to reach this level of comfort I always feel at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joy98123
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

I love seeing "Highly Recommend" in the title! Thank You for the great review. I am glad you felt at home while staying here. That is the exact sentiment we strive for. I will share this great review with the entire staff. Thanks again and we will look for you the next time you are in town from Michigan.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Just finishing a two night stay in one of my favorites in Buffalo. Never disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank You the kind review! It is short, sweet and to the point! I am glad to hear we are one of your favorite hotels. I look forward to seeing you on future trips!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Amherst off of Millersport HWY in mid February 2012 for a family event over in Tonawanda. The hotel is newer, and comes across as being clean and fresh.

The rooms are typical for Homewood Suites, with the exception of two things: 1.) the furniture and decor is more updated than a standard HW, and 2.) the room/suite is slightly smaller than a typical HW.

Even though the room was alittle smaller than expected - it still was a fantastic place. We would return to this hotel the next time we return to the area.

Oh - and another note - we actually skipped the free breakfast in order to go eat at the Lake Effect Diner over near the UB campus. I highly recommend that!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank prouddaddy75

Dear Prouddaddy75,
Thank you for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and was able to experience some local dining! Please come back and see us the next time you are in Buffalo! Thanks Again.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

We've been to this property several times over the last four years that our daughter has been a student at UB. The last visit was as expected, lovely, clean and accomodating as always. This Homewood Suites never disappoints.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NYlove4travel

Thank You for the positive review! The staff prides itself in keeping the hotel looking like new. So it is very nice to hear we are succeeding in pleasing guests. Thank you for taking time to write the review. We hope to see you the next time you visit your daughter.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We had a terrible experience at this hotel and would recommend staying at the nearby Marriott instead. We reserved a room and a roll-away bed for our family of four. We called ahead before embarking on our trip to confirm that we would need a roll-away bed. The desk clerk confirmed this, but upon arriving at the hotel after a ten-hour drive, we were told that there were no roll-away beds available. When we noted that we had reserved one, we were told that they consider these to be "requests," but that no guarantee could be made that one would actually be available. Of course, this was about the most absurd policy we had ever heard, not to mention that we had specifically called ahead to confirm that one had been reserved. We were told that others had arrived before us and that all had been given out on a "first-come, first-served basis." When we asked why one hadn't been set aside for us given our on-line reservation and call ahead, the assistant manager said she "would not deny a guest a bed." We noted dryly that she just had. The hotel was over-booked and there were no other or additional rooms available, so we left and drove two more hours to a hotel with more intelligent and professional management.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you during your recent trip to our area. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your honest feedback. I have provided your review to our front office team to ensure that our guests comfort is met. Please accept my apology for the unfortunate circumstances.