“Alive...........”
Review of Batoka Sky

Batoka Sky
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Batoka Sky has been active in the aviation industry since 1993 and is the only aviation operator in Zambia that is licensed to operate helicopter, fixed wing and micro lights. Due to the close proximity of Maramba Aerodrome to the Victoria Falls, our aircraft are within half-a-minute reach of the Zambezi river. The surrounding National Parks ensure a host of exciting game sightings, and shortly after take off you can be enjoying breathtaking views as you circle over the magnificent Victoria Falls. Our flights can be combined with many of the other adventure activities in Livingstone, offering good value for money.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We choose 15 min flight for four of us.It was one of the biggest expense of our trip and the one which I don't grudge even an iota.We went in peak Easter season and they were flying microlights without a tiny break,one after other and I was really not happy to see such a crowd.Obviously the wait period was almost 30 to 45 minuses even though 4 microlights were flying at same time.

We had Pascal as our pilot. Inspite of the rush he made sure that we enjoy our 15 mins.He remembered our names and reminded us to spread our arms and fly as bird.
I felt alive each second of those too short 15 mins but then you see everything.the gorgeous falls,the meandering Zambezi,the animals,the hotels and even the rainbows...
Out of all the activities we did in Livingstone,this is the only one I plan to do again when we visit again.......

All reviews
"different perspective"
"great flight"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Such an amazing view of the falls and the Zambezi! From the flight, I even got to see elephants bathing in the river, buffaloes, and hippos!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My 4 boys, ages 14-9, thought the 20 min helicopter flight over the falls, down through the gorge and over the animal park was spectacular. The flight through the gorge was a real life amusement park ride!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This is definitely a once in a lifetime experience and would encourage those that can afford it to do the microlight flight trip. I did find it expensive for what it was - but what can you do, there's no other microlight flight like it!

Keep some flexibility in your trip in case of rain, I couldn't go initially when I booked but was able to get an alternative slot. The flight is totally safe - I just felt the service on the ground was incredibly rushed. I was quickly ushered through the sign up process and afterwards was rushed through the photo collection process. It was like they wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible.

They also forgot my booking despite me emailing and reconfirming beforehand. Thankfully they weren't busy so I was able to fly anyway.

Bring a windbreaker and be prepared to leave any valuables at reception as you can't have anything in your pockets when flying!