“Lunch in Basil Restaurant Hoi An”
Review of Basil Restaurant

Basil Restaurant
Ranked #241 of 1,074 Restaurants in Hoi An
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Freshly made meals, dragon fruit smoothie....

Spring Roll, Chicken dish & Pork with sesame seed.. Yummy Yummy Yummy

The meal was lovely, staff very friendly..

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We were staying on Cam Nam island, and wanted a nice bit of authentic Vietnamese food. Basil Restaurant seemed ideal - it was about a 20 minute stroll to get here as it was just outside the old town. We found restaurants inside the old town were more expensive and often the food was not great quality - this was definitely the best meal we had in Hoi An.

Yes, the restaurant is basic but clean, the lady serving us friendly and very honest. We weren't sure of portions and ordered spring rolls, noodles each (mine with beef, my daughter with prawn) and rice. The lady queried were we sure. I assumed portions would be tiny so said yes.

Well, when the spring rolls and bowls of noodles came up, it was a huge lot of food! But you know what, the lady hadn't put in the rice order because she knew we'd never eat it. That is what I call a lovely bit of customer service and I thanked her for it. Not many restaurant owners would do that would they? She could have made extra money from us but used her common sense!

The food was absolutely delicious. Fresh beef, the vegetables in the noodle dish tasted like they'd just been picked. I couldn't eat it all! While was my daughter was using the toilet the lady and I chatted and when she found out we'd walked from Can Nam Island to eat there gave us free bottles of chilled water!

The entire meal - starter, two main courses, three soft drinks, came to just £7.50. (225,000 dong) Compared to the meal that was double that the next night, and tasted horrible, it was a fantastic meal!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Basic but clean Restaurant with WC & wash basin.We had a 5 course set menu as part of our tour. The meal was ready for us upon arrival. Staff were very friendly & efficient. The dishes were varied & very tasty, but way too much for the 2 of us as seems to be common in Vietnam. Good value for money. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Went for lunch. Excellent good size serve at reasonable price.
Very tasty would recommend . Nice quite location

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Luckily this place is next door to my hotel. What a great place! The Cao Lau they do here is exceptional as are the crispy noodles, this is proper Vietnamese grub!

Date of visit: March 2018