“Great job”

Smile Hoi An Tailor
Ranked #267 of 454 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "Personal Tailoring" is a service that tailors cut, design and sew clothes according to detailed customers' specification. The advantage of personal tailoring is that the customer participates in choosing the fabric; design and color, to ensure the clothes will fit their bodies and even their personality. Personal tailoring is usually done by in-house tailors.
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I got a few pants and a shorts in this shop they were all very well made and as I like them.
The staff is very helpful, easygoing and professional. I highly recommend this taylor shop to everyone.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Avoid this place. Prices are cheaper and the shop is less busy than the big tailors in town, but the quality just isnt there. Staff friendly but alterations are a nightmare. Not worth the hassle

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

My friends and I were in Hoi An in July and thought it would be rude not to buy a tailored suit!

There are hundreds of tailors all over the city but we were advised smile tailor by a guy in the old town and it was close to our hotel so we thought we would give it a go.

Three of us ended up buying 3-piece suits at just shy of 200 dollars each and the other guy bought several shirts and a blazer. The staff were fairly helpful to begin with but got impatient and dismissive once we had paid. The tailors stitched the completely wrong colour of lining in my suit and I explicitly told the staff that I didn't want the suit unless this was altered. They promised it would be changed so I paid a left. Much to my dismay when excitedly opening the box 4 months later there was still a bright orange lining inside my suit. Its horrible.

The stitching is not great and there are fraying issues in the material already.

When I contacted smile tailor with my problem they were unhelpful in providing a solution. They suggested sending it back for them to fix at my cost and which would also add 8 months to my wait time.

As there are over 200 tailors in Hoi An there is definitely better places to get a suit

Avoid smile tailor if you want quality, helpfulness and value for money. I thought they would have been more helpful due to the fact my group brought in over a thousand dollars of purchases.

1  Thank TheTravellingScot4
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Good quality, good tailors, and very fast. you can do a shipping from here with the Hoi an post office (same prices).

1  Thank Alon E