All reviewsbanana cakecloser to the beachfree bikesold townhonghomestaybalconyvietnam
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I start with the positive: very clean & comfortable room...but hope other people are more careful than I was.

1. I was ripped off and was treated poorly so I decided to checkout earlier and paid double to get out of that place as soon as I could.
2. There were bed bugs (a pharmacist confirmed by looking at dozen rashes I had). But they kept denying and told me they are mosquito bites.
3. They were quite pushy to take me to a specific tailor and some tours.

Warning: Don't let them keep your passport and don't ignore the fact that they don't ask you to sign any documents about the terms and conditions. The way they get away with it in case something happens, is by keeping your passport.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bicycle I borrowed from the home stay got stolen in the market although I used a chain lock so I took a taxi back.
One of the staff (who couldn't speak English) refused to open the gate, repeating the word "bicycle". He kept me waiting until I asked/begged him multiple times to let me in. Then he called another man who decided to shout at me saying that I need to go back wherever I left the bicycle and bring it back(It was 1 AM at this point.)
In the morning, they refused to come to the police with me (they were kinda freaking out) and the moment I suggested that, I saw the receptionist is inputting my name to their guest list (They don't do that initially- to avoid taxes?!) most probably because they were afraid that the cops get involved.
Then they asked me to pay about $120 for the stolen bicycle and refused to accept a second hand but similar one I was gonna buy for way less (Although the bicycles they lend people are old). Looking back I think I should have called the police but they had my passport and I was afraid if they deny it or refuse to give it back to me. So I ended up paying way extra although I didn't sign any contracts regarding my stay there or the terms to use the bicycle.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Yasmine K
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Sun lake homestay and we had amazing time. the room we got was amazing with the most comfortable bed you can find in Vietnam. it's a family business and the lady owner is super nice. we are very grateful because she took us for the best Cao Lau and Mi Quang dish in Hoi An. The owners are super nice and helpful. if we come back we would definitely choose sun lake again:)

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Lucie P
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Very helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Very good value for money.
We stayed 6 nights. Location is not too far from everything.
The Sun Lake arranged our transport from Danang Airport and the price was very reasonable. Meet at arrivals and transported in a very comfortable air conditioned van.
English spoken by front office staff and they can assist you with arranging tours bicycle and motorcycle rentals.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hughrowand1
Reviewed 2 January 2018

One of the best place during my trip in Vietnam. The Hoi An Sun Lake Homestay is a safe bet ! The host is so nice, so welcoming, they will do their best for your stay. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable, with a private access on my room on the nice court, it was perfect!
Good location too : It's located at 10min by bike from the city but it's also closer to the beach, it's between both of them.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dominique H
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and we enjoyed it very much. Room is clean and big and the wifi strong. The homestay is located in the outskirts of the city, so if you prefer to stay in the city centre this homestay is not for you. Free bikes are available and the city centre is reached within 10 minutes from the homestay.

The staff is helpful and the owner speaks good English and she helped us with train tickets, recommended a tailor (that we really liked) and offered to cook for us.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple