Review Highlights
A fabulous end to our honeymoon

Reviewed 6 March 2018

from US$ 79.00
from US$ 200.00
from US$ 232.00
More Info
All reviews horse riding her husband experienced riders hour ride western style speaks excellent english lovely horses beautiful countryside de la plata a lot of fun the river sandra gallop beginners abilities challenging shore
Reviewed 6 March 2018

As a final activity on our honeymoon, my husband and I enjoyed a stunning 3 hour ride to the beach. This was easily organised with very little notice via e-mail and Whatsapp.

Our guide, Sandra, is very professional but also loads of fun. She speaks excellent English and has a great sense of humour. Since neither of us were familiar with riding western style, she took time to explain the techniques and how to adopt the western style riding position.

The horses which had been selected for us suited our abilities perfectly. They were in beautiful condition and very well behaved / trustworthy. As more experienced riders we had the pleasure of being able to gallop the horses at speed down the beach and back - this was thrilling!

Having done our research and being quoted a much higher price by the hotel we were staying at, it should be noted that this ride offered superb value for money whilst also providing an extremely high-quality experience.

Overall this was an unforgettable experience and we can't recommend it enough to anyone visiting Colonia or the surrounding area.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Hayley-and-Rod
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I had an incredible time riding Sandra's beautiful horses. Got to see a perfect sunset at the beach and on our way back a fantastic moonrise. The horses were responsive and very pleasant to ride. Sandra was super flexible fixing a time for me even if I only asked a couple of days before. Would recommend this for everyone! Perfect way of experiencing the uruguayan countryside.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I can not recommend this experience enough! I had the most wonderful morning riding with Sandra through the beautiful countryside and on the beach. Its a great opportunity for horse riders with some experience to try a new style (South America is so much more relaxing than the traditional western style!), Sandra was a great teacher and its clear she and her husband are incredibly passionate about the welfare of their horses. 100% recommend, its a must do in Colonia!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Donnak79
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience with Sandra and her lovely horses today - the landscape was just amazing (green hills with herds of horses, eucalyptus forests, long sandy beaches at the shore of Río de la Plata), we've seen some wild animals like parrots and owls, and - of course - had a lot of fun with Sandra's horses which are friendly, willing, sure-footed and in very good condition. Sandra herself was super nice, explaining in detail and with patience the South American style of horse riding which differs a little bit from the classical English style (but no worries at all, it turned out to be even more comfortable and easy!). Besides, I really appreciated that she performed the tour although I contacted her a bit short-term (only the day before) and although I was the only participant that day. Moreover, the prices are really fair. In a nutshell, this was an experience I can absolutely recommend!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank LeLeLeLeLeLeLeNa
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Amazing ride just outside of Colonia. Sandra's horses are well trained and equipped. She is incredibly friendly speaks perfect english. Super recommended!

Date of experience: March 2017