Review Highlights
Fun and challenging

Great ride with Sandra!!! If you are an experienced rider, try to arrange a ride with a small group... read more

Reviewed 25 October 2018
Giody B
Baden, Switzerland
via mobile
A fabulous end to our honeymoon

As a final activity on our honeymoon, my husband and I enjoyed a stunning 3 hour ride to the beach... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2018
Hayley-and-Rod
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Colonia del Sacramento
from US$ 137.40
from US$ 200.00
from US$ 225.00
More Info
All reviews horse riding her husband experienced riders hour ride western style speaks excellent english lovely horses beautiful countryside de la plata a lot of fun the river sandra gallop beginners abilities challenging shore
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Small place with influence of Portuguese and Spanish. It is UNESCO heritage place. Well kept. Lots of parks. We stayed in a park for two hours sitting on a bench. Nice helpful people. Ferry was nice but it makes pollution a lot. It is a day trip. Thanks

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016

More than any other attraction in Colonia except a walking tour of the historic center, this is a must-do! The hosts were wonderful, with great recommendations, and the countryside breathtaking. Galloping on the beach and going into the water was a dream come true! Safety was very high and yet we also had the freedom to direct the horses as much as our skills allowed (not your normal trail ride). I can't wait to return for a full moon ride with a campfire dinner on the beach--I can't imagine a more romantic evening!

Date of experience: December 2015
2  Thank EmilyFriedrichs
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We had a 2 hour ride with a guacho and Lovely Sandra. The horses were suited to us individually and we felt safe. This is for those that don't want a pretentious experience but an authentic experience just outside of colonial. We were picked up outside our hotel and dropped back. Sandra speaks English German Spanish to name a few languages. We were given a really good lesson in handling the horses in their habitat and the country side was picturesque !!! We recommend you do it!!!

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This was an amazing experience. My family was in Colonia for a quick weekend as I was working in Buenos Aires. While we were there I wanted my son who is young to experience real horse back riding. I believe Sandra usually doesn't do for kids his age but she made an exception. She was very easy to work with prior to the trip, she picked us up from our hotel right on time and drove us to their place. She was concern about our son's safety as much as we were and rode with him on her saddle while my wife and I rode under the guidance of her husband. We had a wonderful 1.5 hour ride through beautiful countryside.

We weren't very experienced riders and she and her husband helped and made a wonderful experience and our son can't stop talking about how much fun he had.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank rw224
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Sandra picked us up from the hotel promptly on time and took us to her yard. She spoke English fluently which was nice as our Spanish is quite poor!

Before hand, she asked by email how much riding experience we had and what sort of horses we would prefer. This was really good as she wants to match people to the horse they would best suit.

We had an amazing ride out and galloped along the beach. (One big thing ticked off my bucket list!). It was such a peaceful experience and our guide always made sure we were okay and happy.

The only problem we didn't think of before hand, and please note this if it applies to you: we are used to riding uk/European style. We are experienced riders in this style and this riding is VERY different! You ride in a western saddle and it's all about body movement and the contact with the rein is minimal. I would therefore recommend asking for quite a calmer less forward going horse, even if you are experienced in 'uk style' riding as you need to get use to this! It's a much more natural way to ride however and we really enjoyed it. We unfortunately had to ask for calmer horses as we suddenly became beginners again (how embarrassing for us!). Sandra was so lovely about this and understood the issue. She then made sure we knew how to control our horses so we were confident before the ride.

100% recommend this place, it's incredible!

Date of experience: January 2016