“Great horse riding !!! ”

Cabalgatas en Uruguay - Riding Tours
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We had a 2 hour ride with a guacho and Lovely Sandra. The horses were suited to us individually and we felt safe. This is for those that don't want a pretentious experience but an authentic experience just outside of colonial. We were picked up outside our hotel and dropped back. Sandra speaks English German Spanish to name a few languages. We were given a really good lesson in handling the horses in their habitat and the country side was picturesque !!! We recommend you do it!!!

Date of experience: October 2016
"abilities"
"challenging"
"shore"

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This was an amazing experience. My family was in Colonia for a quick weekend as I was working in Buenos Aires. While we were there I wanted my son who is young to experience real horse back riding. I believe Sandra usually doesn't do for kids his age but she made an exception. She was very easy to work with prior to the trip, she picked us up from our hotel right on time and drove us to their place. She was concern about our son's safety as much as we were and rode with him on her saddle while my wife and I rode under the guidance of her husband. We had a wonderful 1.5 hour ride through beautiful countryside.

We weren't very experienced riders and she and her husband helped and made a wonderful experience and our son can't stop talking about how much fun he had.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank rw224
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Sandra picked us up from the hotel promptly on time and took us to her yard. She spoke English fluently which was nice as our Spanish is quite poor!

Before hand, she asked by email how much riding experience we had and what sort of horses we would prefer. This was really good as she wants to match people to the horse they would best suit.

We had an amazing ride out and galloped along the beach. (One big thing ticked off my bucket list!). It was such a peaceful experience and our guide always made sure we were okay and happy.

The only problem we didn't think of before hand, and please note this if it applies to you: we are used to riding uk/European style. We are experienced riders in this style and this riding is VERY different! You ride in a western saddle and it's all about body movement and the contact with the rein is minimal. I would therefore recommend asking for quite a calmer less forward going horse, even if you are experienced in 'uk style' riding as you need to get use to this! It's a much more natural way to ride however and we really enjoyed it. We unfortunately had to ask for calmer horses as we suddenly became beginners again (how embarrassing for us!). Sandra was so lovely about this and understood the issue. She then made sure we knew how to control our horses so we were confident before the ride.

100% recommend this place, it's incredible!

1  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

This place is a must if you are spending some time in Colonia del Sacramento. We went out for a three hour ride through the countryside and galloped along the beach as the sun was going down. Sandra was so lovely and kind and made us feel totally comfortable with our horses by giving us tips. We are used to the English riding style but the gaucho riding style was fairly easy to pick up. Our guide was very friendly and didn't mind my friend and I walking side-by-side, chatting and laughing together. The horses are fantastic - very responsive, obedient and well looked after. All in all, it was such a pleasure to be able to experience something so wonderful and the memory will stay with me forever.

1  Thank njorm
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2016

If you are a rider, this trip should not be missed. This was a rather spur of the moment decision to visit Cologna from Buenos Aries and a ride thrown in as we had a day off from tango. It was a comfortable ride to the river and a joy to gallop in the water on the beach. Lots of room to stretch out, not like a lot of other rides where one can only walk, let alone trot. The horse chosen for me was perfect, we got along well. This trip will most likely be repeated in the future for a longer stay in Cologna. AB-S

2  Thank A A