“Average Resto very good located”
Review of Punta Piedra

Punta Piedra
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Service is very good like any other place in Uruguay. It is a good choice once you had visited the old city...good variety of plates & prices, it is open every day & they have special ofers with credit cards!!!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Pissed at myself for choosing a restaurant without consulting tripadvisor.
This place was empty. Took a minute for someone to come out and greet us. Ordered a lunch carne special. They brought out bread and a huge beer which was included in the special. The beef was plentiful. The problem was that it was inedible. It was so well done and so tough. I was famished and managed to work down some of it. Most I gave to the stray dogs by the table.
Price was inexpensive for what they gave you. I just wish I could have chewed it and no I do not wear dentures.

1  Thank David60898
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Restaurant in an old stone building with a nice atmosphere. Best thing about the place is the stone building. Food was more expensive than at other restaurants we visited in Colonia with very limited options for vegetarians. We paid $ 40 for french fries a basic salad and a pizza. Pizza was good rest of food meh. Colonia is a very smokey place with parillas everywhere and this place is no exception. Smelt of old smoke even inside which was unpleasant. Ok if you don't mind wood smoke.n

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We went to Punta Piedra because it was late, we were hungry, and we hadn't looked at the TripAdvisor reviews.

The building from the outside is nice to look at; the ambiance on the inside is a solid zero. The staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming. The chefs in the kitchen kept leering, and the girl at the cash til kept coughing. I ordered a cheeseburger and fries, and my friend from Flight Centre ordered a chivito, without ham and panceta (as she does not eat pork) and without olives. When the meals arrived, the chivito had ham, panceta and olives, and my cheeseburger did not have a bun for some reason.

1  Thank AlexeiRates
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the good stuff. The setting is nice, and our waitress was lovely despite seeming very overworked. My Dad and sister had the paella for 2 which they really enjoyed. However my meal was unfortunately disappointing. I got the 1/4 chicken which came with lettuce and fries. The fries seemed like the kind you would get frozen in the supermarket and I had several that were cold. Then there was the chicken - looked good on the outside but the middle was pink and seemed overcooked. To top it off this place is quite expensive with our meals plus some wine coming in at 2000 Uruguay pesos. Ultimately I'd say you are better off spending your money elsewhere.