“The meat was so hard ”

Parrillada El Porton
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Barbecue Restaurant to visit in Colonia del Sacramento. Here you can enjoy tha traditional Uruguayan barbecue in food-warming trays for two. Also premium-quality cuts of beef, pork, chicken, fish, pasta and the classic Uruguayan 'chivitos'. A warm, familiar place with more than 30 year-old experience, run by its owners the Martinez-Sandoval family.
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We went there as a recommendation, I specifically asked the waitress for the most tender meat. So supposedly that’s what she brought , oh my god, it was a piece of rock. Worse of all is that we ordered 4 of the same meat and all 4 were hard. And and one of them burnt.
I did not eat the meat and did complain, the waitress was embarrassed and apologized , I saw her take my meat to the parrillero (the meat cooker) and had a long discussion. Then when brought the bill they charged us 1 meat of the 4 we ordered. The waitress was very nice but I am no recommending the restaurant, it seems like a tourist trap. Must say that my Rucola salada was delicious .

1  Thank Alexia C

Reviewed 21 December 2017

On our daytrip by Buquebus from Buenos Aires we sure had El Porton on our list. It is indicated in the park already, and we sat down and had the full grill experience. Too much... all meat, real Uruguayan style. Not really soft meat but that is for the faint hearted... and a great bottle of local rosado wine (Gewurztraminer grape wow). Enjoyed the whole experience, sitting outside. Very friendly and smiling personnel. Memorable!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The short ribs were excellent. I found the chorizo to be dry. The service was good; attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The parrilla was excellent. Beaf was very tender and tasty. Chicken was very good too while somewhat tick. We asked for the leftover to be packed and had enough meat for the day after. Altogether an excellent experience

Reviewed 23 August 2017

As I do not eat much red meat, I looked forward to a good piece of beef in a country where good beef is prized. My steak was rather tough and disappointing, but maybe I am not the best judge. The locals seemed to love this restaurant, though I noticed not all were ordering beef.