“Hommy unpretensious food”

Viejo Barrio Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I just had "sorrentinos", a kind of stuffed pasta which is very popular, it was tasty, but rather simple. Nobody seems very keen in having more clients, many tourists.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Viejo Barrio is an unassuming restaurant next to the church in the old city of Colonia. I had a very relaxing and delicious meal here. Homemade noodles (like linguini) with marinara and chicken, a fresh salad and patatas fritas. The portions were large! I had the house red wine - not the worst red I've tasted.
The waiter and staff were very pleasant. The atmosphere was very comfortable. I was very happy that I ate here.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Great service, family run. Good pastas! A lovely place to sit for lunch especially. Waiters always warm and welcoming.

1  Thank Rbuquah
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Just got home after travelling for 2 weeks (USA-Argentina-Uruguay).
I wanted to thank you for the fantastic meal we had on March 25th 2017. Our party consisted of 1 Uruguayan 1 British and 1 French . The food we received was fresh and tasty. Felt like home cooked and we all really enjoyed it! I would highly recommend to anyone who visit Colonia to come and have dinner. The outside setting is out of this world across the street from the church. A must place to go!!!

1  Thank Fabienamberieu
Reviewed 1 March 2017

The service was good, but the food was pretty marginal. We had steak and chicken. They were both fine, but not like some of the fantastic meat we ate on this trip.