“Nice little cafe”
Review of Capicua Deli & Cafe (resto) - CLOSED

Capicua Deli & Cafe (resto)
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 5
Description: We are a resto coffee house located in the old town of Colonia del Sacramento. Amazing coffee, delicious homemade street food, cold frappucinos and much more!
Reviewed 14 May 2018

it's kind of tucked away but I went looking for it based on a previous review about their cake. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. It's a nice little place to sit away from the main tourist crowds and you can enjoy views of the water. The homemade carrot cake was ok, the homemade brownie was much yummier and I'd recommend it. The menu looked good with many options but (a) we already had lunch and (b) i didn't have much cash and they didn't accept credit card. They did take Argentine peso at a good exchange rate so that was helpful.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

While visiting this charming city, we saw this cool place. Yes, the owner and employees are wonderful! It was fast, but not made of powder or concentrate in a big machine. They have a wonderful location near the water with a beautiful view, rain or shine. It is very clean and comfortable. There is a nice menu of food, snacks, beer/wine, and real espresso drinks.
We stopped here all three days of our visit and were impressed each time. They truly understand genuine hospitality. (I have to say, the tourism industry needs to better train restaurant employees in all of Argentina and Uruguay).

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We went 4 times in this coffee shop, it is very well situated. The owner is very friendly and let us use the wifi and charge our computer for hours. We recommend this place, and try the mango/maracuya juice, very fresh and delicious.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Ptitspommes
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My sister,husband and myself went over to Colonia from Buenos Aires for a couple of days. Whilst wandering the town we came across by chance this amazing little cafe.
Here we had the most amazing piece of Carrot cake and apple crumble. The best carrot cake I have ever tasted moist rich and truly delicious. The apple crumble was different to anything we have in the UK and also amazing, am going to have a go at making it myself from the instructions the chef there gave me. The cafe is close to the beach and run by an incredible knowledgeable friendly couple. If you ever get to Colonia hunt this place out for a great coffee, fantastic cake and friendly service.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Marian T
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Capicua is a great cafe and restaurant that is right next to the coast of Colonia inside the historic district of the city. I sat here for dinner and had an astounding view of the sunset(picture attached). I ordered the fatijas con pollo which was absolutely stellar. It was so good that I actually came back the next day for lunch to get the exact same meal. I had Maria as a server who was very friendly and also speaks great English if you aren't able to speak Spanish!

Date of visit: January 2018