Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We stayed here - actually we've been here a few times and everytime we've enjoied it...

My wife and I come to this hotel a few times a year on holiday and it's great... The price is excellent which is why we keep coming back! The Breakfast buffet is decent - good for the money... The pool is excellent and very relaxing and the garden just tops it off.

We especially like the Shisha bar on the facility which has big screen projectors showing movies and sporting events.

The beach is the best part - private and calm waters makes it a lot of fun all the time.

Highly recommend this place for a quick one-two night break from Dubai/Abu Dhabi.

Only strange thing is the Clubs... We're not clubbers but there is some weird stuff going on down there... a Bangali club, an Indian club... it's just weird... but we weren't bothered by it ever.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aliman14

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Been to a number of hotels before and our experience last weekend prompted me to make a review for the first time.

Just came back from an overnight stay (booked a deluxe room) in this hotel with my friends to celebrate Eid couple of days ago. We decided to have an out-of-town trip away from the bustling streets of Dubai to enjoy the holiday.

I had All I can say is that it was all disappointment. Apart from the clean room, that was it. From the moment we checked in, there was no hotel staff who helped us on our luggage. The elevator seemed to be old as it closes abruptly and does not seem to have a sensor to track if people are entering it.

The beach was ok but if you're looking for a white sand beach then this is not the beach to go to. We were even surprised that there are no sink to basically catch the water coming out from the tub.

The most baffling thing is that they closed the pool as EARLY as 7pm! It was really a dissapointment since the reason we go to hotels and resorts is to actually enjoy the beach, sun and the pool. We did not go there to stay in the room and sleep!

The next morning, they even have the nerve to actually close the lights while we were having our breakfast, whew! Ok it's 10:30 am but there are still lots of guests eating at the restaurant.

I hope management can do something about these things to improve on their service. Just could not help but to blurt out my dissatisfaction we received.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank s0n_g0ku
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I went there with my hubby,, it was great for leisure and very affordable price..

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lenski26
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one night; It was very clean, but very dated. Tacky cabaret (think Spanish costas of the late 70's). Pool area quite big, but signs with "guests are only allowed 1 towel per day" shows how stuck in the days this place is. The area round the pool is complimented by not-so-attractive fake grass.

The building next door hosts 4 nightclubs, 3 of them Indian, and can only be described as "horrific". Filthy. It caters more for the Indian popluation of RAK who seemed to love it, but as a westerner I found the place very unattractive, and just plain weird..

The hotel is right next door to a mosque and the call to prayer is unbelievably loud. I was woken up twice with it around 5am. Think "very loud" and double it.

The rooms were clean, but again very very dated.

I tried to get a taxi to go to the nearby Rotana for drinks (lovely hotel and not that much more to stay there I later found out), and the reception said they cannot order taxis, you have to hail on the main road. What?!?

Anyway, to sum up, I'd never stay again, but it did make me chuckle and smile that a hotel like this proudly calls itself 4 star!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RobEK
Reviewed 15 March 2009

went there with my family of kids and elders. very good hotel for a 4 star,plus points are :big area for a 4 star,nice tidy rooms,good breakfast buffet,excellent room service,nice pool facilities,value for money. friendly receptionist..negative points: outdated bathrooms, inspite of so many bars, not fit to take your wife along, bad crowd...less water pressure in the bathrooms, opposite hot and cold water directions for taps, no valet parking for guests.in a nutshell if u ignore the negatives, good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family