They call themselves a Business hotel, they dont understand the meaning of what business hotels are and what basic neccicities a business traveller needs.
Few basic highlights.
1. You are asked to pay a incidental deposit for using room service.... (This is so damn funny) they dont trust their own guests, irrespective of you paying the room rent in advance they ask you for deposit, If you do not pay the deposit all your room service request's would be on cash. And this is irrespective of weather it a corporate booking or an individual bookings within the so called Business hotel.
2. People at the checkin counter are not sure what kind of rooms they have, they told a collegue of mine that its two seprated beds and when he goes into his room he sees just one bed.
3. It's been almost 3 days that their Internet connection in the guest room is down and no one is bothered to resolve it, when you complain you are been told sir its been fixed but it is never fixed and moreover the engineer will get his own laptop and show that the internet is working, when you connect your own laptop it will not work that means its a problem with your laptop... Now you can agree to this considering if its only with your laptop however every other laptop apart from the engineer's laptop is not able to connect, still its not their problem.
4. Basic neccecities like Comb, Shoe Polish, Dental Kit, Shaving kit etc etc are not available.
5. No WiFi in the guest rooms, in the so called business hotel.
6. There is only one bedside phone in the entire room, so everytime you receive a call while you are taking a shower or while you are working you need to go to the bedside.
7. The TV channel quality is pathetically worst, it's a age old cable TV with all Free channels and hardly any english channels or good channels.
8. The room service people will come in your room at 11:00pm in the night everyday to check the minibar and then will give you a cash cheque which you will have to pay immidiately coz you have not paid the incidental deposit irrespective if yours is a corporate booking..
I can simply go on but I have my work to finish, anyhow I have blacklisted this hotel within my company and no further bookings would be done here. I hope this review helps other to take a sound decission before staying in this so called business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Acacia is a chic 4-star hotel adjacent to the Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone. It features access to an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi in public areas. It also includes access to the O-Zone Spa and the Oxygen Gym. Rooms at the hotel Acacia are well-presented with modern furnishings and some include a spacious sitting area. They all have air conditioning and a work desk. Guests can enjoy the poolside Al Nakhla Restaurant for lunch and dinner. The Flamingo Bar serves spirits and cigars until late in the evenings, and the ground-floor cafe offers premium coffee. The O-Zone Spa offers an array of facial and body treatments, a spa tub and a massage parlor. The Oxygen Gym provides the latest cardio and strength machines. Acacia Hotel is a 40-minute drive from Dubai and a few minutes from the coast. Hiking is available in the nearby Musandam Mountains. All guests are required to provide a valid identification (original Emirates ID for Local & Residence) and original passport for Tourists to complete check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Acacia by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.