“Good hotel, nice rooms, but loud music...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Toronto, Canada
“Good hotel, nice rooms, but loud music...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel was great - rooms were clean, big enough for us with a 1 year old baby and they provided a baby cott which was awesome... rooms was nice.... but the are ontop of a bar and it gets loud.. but I was happy that it was very close to the mall (literally across the road) so loads of food options and stuff available for us... Would go back, maybe ask for a higher room...

Room Tip: Go to a higher room - not sure if it helps with the loud late night music, but worth a shot...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aliman14
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Hotel have nice location next to Manar mall, but crossing the road may be not safe. Hotel workers was really nice and polite. Room was big and clean, nice design, nice view from balcony. But the big problem is really poor soundproof. first hotel in a busy street, so you can hear cars really good even with closed windows, but the biggest problem is that hotel have night club on rooftop , music and bass not let me sleep all night! I made complain, they turn music little down, but I still can feel the bass, so it was a torture, I stayed in lobby till 4 am, using free wifi, because I cant stay in my room. So I can't recommend this hotel to people, who like to sleep at night and relax in quite place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Ras Al Khaimah hotels

Ujjain, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We booked the hotel with the free Iceland Waterpark tickets. their service is good. our AC was not working, we reported it to reservation and the mechanic was not availble as it was 10 in the night then after 30 mins they upgraded us to a suite for free. bathrooms in both room n suite were clean n hygienic.

even the morning breakfast was good with a mix of Arabic, Indian and continental food and the view from our room n their top floor restaurant was also good.

so it was a mix n match experience

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are good as you can see the lagoons n creek from window.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pallavi_Raj
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Service and professionalism is beyond compare. Staff fall over backwards to make you feel special and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The room was very nice, not overly big, but adequate. Location was good just opposite to Manar Mall. No shortage of cabs and hire cars. Great hotel to stay with family providing a worth deal free entrance to Iceland such gives a lot of priviledges. Worth spending every dhirams in the hotel. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would recommend the creek view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Germaniogino
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We booked the hotel with the free Iceland Waterpark tickets. If I knew ahead how bad their service is, I could have just bought our tickets at Iceland and not wasted our time going to the hotel.

It was my son's birthday so I decided to book the upgraded suite for an additional cost. When we arrived there at 1pm. The lady in the check-in said that we can check in after we go to Iceland because the standard room is not yet ready. What happened to suite I booked? She cannot confirm my reservation because she said that the staff I have spoken is off from work. After settling into an agreement for additional payment, she booked the suite room. She didn't even bother inform us where the breakfast was and the time. Maybe I was just used to other hotels where their reception are far better.

We arrived at the hotel after we went to Iceland and around 7pm. Parking only outside the hotel.

The Suite Room: 5th floor

Two bathroom but ONLY 1 bath towel (we are a family of 4)

Their advertised mini bar - the refrigirator was EMPTY! There's not even a bottle of water!

The additional bed - matress was bad, blanket was worse

Awful smell inside the room

We decided to drive back to Dubai than stay in this hotel. In total, I we stayed 15 minutes thinking that I even paid extra for the upgrade.

One thing made me laugh though, when I was checking out, the manager asked me if there is anything I took from the minibar. What minibar was he talking about?

Maybe they forgot to reserve my suite room? At 7pm check in, They forgot the minibar? They forgot the towels?

Worst hotel I have ever been!

• Stayed November 2011