“i liked that place.”
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We booked the hotel with the free Iceland Waterpark tickets. their service is good. our AC was not working, we reported it to reservation and the mechanic was not availble as it was 10 in the night then after 30 mins they upgraded us to a suite for free. bathrooms in both room n suite were clean n hygienic.

even the morning breakfast was good with a mix of Arabic, Indian and continental food and the view from our room n their top floor restaurant was also good.

so it was a mix n match experience

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are good as you can see the lagoons n creek from window.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pallavi_Raj

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Service and professionalism is beyond compare. Staff fall over backwards to make you feel special and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The room was very nice, not overly big, but adequate. Location was good just opposite to Manar Mall. No shortage of cabs and hire cars. Great hotel to stay with family providing a worth deal free entrance to Iceland such gives a lot of priviledges. Worth spending every dhirams in the hotel. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would recommend the creek view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Germaniogino
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We booked the hotel with the free Iceland Waterpark tickets. If I knew ahead how bad their service is, I could have just bought our tickets at Iceland and not wasted our time going to the hotel.

It was my son's birthday so I decided to book the upgraded suite for an additional cost. When we arrived there at 1pm. The lady in the check-in said that we can check in after we go to Iceland because the standard room is not yet ready. What happened to suite I booked? She cannot confirm my reservation because she said that the staff I have spoken is off from work. After settling into an agreement for additional payment, she booked the suite room. She didn't even bother inform us where the breakfast was and the time. Maybe I was just used to other hotels where their reception are far better.

We arrived at the hotel after we went to Iceland and around 7pm. Parking only outside the hotel.

The Suite Room: 5th floor

Two bathroom but ONLY 1 bath towel (we are a family of 4)

Their advertised mini bar - the refrigirator was EMPTY! There's not even a bottle of water!

The additional bed - matress was bad, blanket was worse

Awful smell inside the room

We decided to drive back to Dubai than stay in this hotel. In total, I we stayed 15 minutes thinking that I even paid extra for the upgrade.

One thing made me laugh though, when I was checking out, the manager asked me if there is anything I took from the minibar. What minibar was he talking about?

Maybe they forgot to reserve my suite room? At 7pm check in, They forgot the minibar? They forgot the towels?

Worst hotel I have ever been!

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Iamcaleen
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The location was not hard to find.From clock tower R/A turn right and then from signal take left.
The deal was made through dealgobbler for 1 night stay with tickets to Iceland park entry for 2 adults and 2 children.So it was a good deal according to me.
As soon as we entered and showed our deal,we were promptly given the tickets by receptionist Ms.Adora.I should say there was a crowd as it was a friday and she was doing well.She even guided us to the nearest mosque,so that was nice,we then headed to Icepark and when we came back at 8pm,we were given room 101.my hubby wanted some floor on top,but was said that special care had been given to me(as I had already requested for peace and quiet) as top floors there would be music,but we slept sound and nice at the comfortable beds,The curtains was good,the dressing and all furniture was neat and good.for the price I paid it was worth every dirham.I enjoyed it all,The weather was cold,so we shut off the a/c.the bathroom was neat and spacious.
Mr.Udaykumar the customer service manager gave us a hearty welcome,that was nice
Room service was prompt.
on request with Ms.Elvie,i had even got my bfast earlier than their time at 4,30 am as I had to fast that morning (Arafat day).
after relaxing we then stepped out across the road to see Carrefour at Manar Mall,then had dinner there,came back and slept well.
Next morning we just checked out easy and fast,maybe bcoz we had paid through credit with the deal.
Hope to come back withsome other deal
Had great time and relaxed for a night out of my home in Uae

Room Tip: ask for room facing the main road or just take any at the lower floor they say if uwant to avoid mus...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Arshaad2010
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel is few minutes away from Manar Mall (the main shopping mall in Ras Al Khaimah), standard of the rooms are fine comparing to the standard of the hotel.

The have nice Sushi Bar and excellent Steak House on the roof floor.

Their slogan is Feeling Home and this is totally true.

Very helpful and friendly service from all the hotel stuff

Room Tip: Rooms with Creek View
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business